Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #21
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
I guess it's ok ...yep I reckon I'm one of the few that dislikes the heat. Saying that, at least there's some breeze today - the other day was stifling. There's nothing I hate more than dripping with sweat, all humid, no breeze and hot n bothered.
I like sunny fresh days. I love thunderstorms but in bristol we always seem to miss them!
Enjoy the sun all...meh
xx
I don't like the heat either, not July/August type heat anyway. I don't mind sunshine in May/June as it usually is accompanied by a cooler wind. We haven't had the recent heat wave, we had 1 really hot day on 30th June, then 1,2,3 July were less hot then back to cool rainy weather again. We've had for the past 4 days monsoons then sunny every evening. They are saying that tonight it's to get down to SIX DEGREES!
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #22
CherryBrandy
Adult

The weather was awful today here! I think what I would be after is A Summer ! now watching True Detectives in lieu of The Vikings pre order and it is making me hot and sweaty just viewing it - the heat is sweltering in louisana - Torts must love it there surely? Can we just have a teeny weeny bit of its weather here please. 6 degrees Alan1!!! keep us posted - that's nearly a frost that is nearly The Vikings cold brrrrrrrr.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #23
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
The weather was awful today here! I think what I would be after is A Summer ! now watching True Detectives in lieu of The Vikings pre order and it is making me hot and sweaty just viewing it - the heat is sweltering in louisana - Torts must love it there surely? Can we just have a teeny weeny bit of its weather here please. 6 degrees Alan1!!! keep us posted - that's nearly a frost that is nearly The Vikings cold brrrrrrrr.
CB, you make me laugh!
I'm glad I'm not the only nutter obsessed with the Vikings. Now you mustn't tell me what happens in Season 3. I'm going to be soooo envious of you seeing it, while I wait patiently for it to come to the History Channel.
I know the legend of Ragnar and how he is supposed to die but seeing as a fourth season is commissioned I do hope they don't bump him off yet!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #24
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

The forecast for 6C overnight across the central belt (which means Alan and me + numerous other scottish members) was about right.

But we woke to a bright and sunny morning here in the west before white cloud moved in to mostly obscure the sun. So it's about 16C with brightness.

Those conditions are fine for my lot. Temperatures inside the coldframes are a minimum of 10C higher than outside resulting in active and hungry tortoises without using electricity. It's the rainy and very dull days at 12C that annoy us.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I think the very cold May and June hasn't heated the ground up which might be why we are freezing here when the sun's not out
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #26
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
CB, you make me laugh!
I'm glad I'm not the only nutter obsessed with the Vikings. Now you mustn't tell me what happens in Season 3. I'm going to be soooo envious of you seeing it, while I wait patiently for it to come to the History Channel.
I know the legend of Ragnar and how he is supposed to die but seeing as a fourth season is commissioned I do hope they don't bump him off yet!
OMG !!! Ragnar dies ! this is awful. I had no idea. I had to have a wiki peak and he dies !! why couldn't he stay wherever Vikings stay....Maybe it is when he is 90 odd....... do you know snake eye becomes a king!! wow that will be series 10 !! The pre order doesn't give a date but a well known tropical trading company suggested October !!? what is that about - can not wish hibernation away , so bit at odds now. will enjoy sunshine till then ! nice today, no wonder they invaded!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #27
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
OMG !!! Ragnar dies ! this is awful. I had no idea. I had to have a wiki peak and he dies !! why couldn't he stay wherever Vikings stay....Maybe it is when he is 90 odd....... do you know snake eye becomes a king!! wow that will be series 10 !! The pre order doesn't give a date but a well known tropical trading company suggested October !!? what is that about - can not wish hibernation away , so bit at odds now. will enjoy sunshine till then ! nice today, no wonder they invaded!
Oh but he'd be such a hero in Valhalla!
October is a long time to wait! It'll be the perfect viewing on cooler autumn evenings though. I do hope they keep commissioning more and more series. The Vikings managed to get to Newfoundland in those longboats. It's fascinating isn't it?!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 10-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #28
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I'm just useless when it come to a bit of TV chat. My boss says to me "Jonathan did your parents not teach you how to watch telly?"

So I just give blank looks when people ask me what I thought of the latest Game of Thrones or whatever. Unless it's sport I seem to lose interest after 10 minutes.

I'm capable of wasting endless hours in all kinds of other ways though!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #29
yuna1971
Adult

The Walking Dead is my favourite. You should watch that Jon! xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #30
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
I'm just useless when it come to a bit of TV chat. My boss says to me "Jonathan did your parents not teach you how to watch telly?"

So I just give blank looks when people ask me what I thought of the latest Game of Thrones or whatever. Unless it's sport I seem to lose interest after 10 minutes.

I'm capable of wasting endless hours in all kinds of other ways though!
I'm saving Game of Thrones for my retirement!
I have another 8 years of educating and then I'm retiring! My GP recently asked me what I'm going to do once all the kids have completed their education and I told her that by then Game of Thrones should all be done with and I'm going to buy the entire boxed set of all seasons and watch an episode a day! She just looked at me and said, "You won't because you're always so busy!"....but I will!!!
Hubby and I have planned an early retirement, mainly because in his line of work he sees so many people about to on embark on their longed-for retirement, only to get ill shortly beforehand and not get to live their dreams and plans. God willing, we're going to try and do things a little differently.