Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 29-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #21
CherryBrandy
Adult

Rach I think you could have combined it with bus timetables too as clearly this is as big an issue as the tunnel, CB x
Old 29-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #22
yuna1971
Adult

Lol Cherry....don't get me started on that little gem! It's just you see the pictures and some are scaling over the huge fence. People are also dying. There are also so say holes in this fence.... It's just out of control! xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #23
vikki
Hatched

You do have to wonder why they use the type of fences that they do - surely ones that are more difficult to scale and not able to be cut would be more effective and improve safety? But these people are desperate - to hang under the chasis of a fast moving lorry has to show it - the question needs to be why the UK? After all why not stay in France - I guess we know that it is because of our systems here - perhaps we should look at becoming more like Australia where you have to have a job to go to, money in the bank etc etc?
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #24
CherryBrandy
Adult

Not a nice situation to be in or the authorities - bet there is some real heart breaking cases. on a lighter note whether legal or illegal if no one can interpret an English bus time table, except the over 80 year olds then Kent is going to get even busier. Except for the migration of the elderly.
Old 29-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #25
pagan queen
Adult

My husband is a freight train driver and goes through the Channel tunnel regularly. He has had an immigrant die on top of his train when he was trying to get back through and was electrocuted by the overhead cables. My husband has had so many of his jobs cancelled because of these people. We live a stones throw from the tunnel. When we stand on our local beach, 5 minutes down the road, we can see France. Immigrants have started arriving on the beach at night, in boats. A local saw a man signalling with a torch to a boat so called the coast guard and they arrested the occupants as they landed. We are now on watch for any more heading this way.
I have every sympathy for people displaced by wars around the world but the vast majority are economic migrants who just want to come here to take advantage of our free services etc. They have no right to be here and should be sent back to the country they came from. Refugees I can understand but when they are just here to cash in I think it's appalling. The French are not doing anything to stop them because they just want rid of them. Hubby was in Frethun, the French depot, he saw a family, mother father and 2 young children, walking around near the trains and the whole area had to be closed until they were caught and removed. That delayed the trains for the rest of the night and hubby was stuck in France. Freight that should be delivered all over the country is not getting to it's destination and so much money is being lost. Food trains are being sent back because the food is no longer saleable. This country is losing millions if not more every day.
That's me stepping off my soap box.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #26
Pussygalore
Adult

untill we stop giving them money and houses they will always see the UK as the place to be, they don't stop anywhere else because they don't get anything, is it any wonder they all want to come here!. I'm not racist but surely we should be the same as Australia etc in that anyone who wants to come and work/live here should have a job to come to and money to support themselves and should also be prepared to learn our language, laws and live with us not in separate communitys its what I'd expect to have to do if I moved to another country. Maybe the whole french port should be high fenced off with armed guards and proper border control like it used to be with everyone having to show passports etc at booths before entering the port, that would be a cheaper solution than paying to send them back once they are here although costly initialy.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 30-07-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 08:25 AM   #27
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
untill we stop giving them money and houses they will always see the UK as the place to be, they don't stop anywhere else because they don't get anything, is it any wonder they all want to come here!. I'm not racist but surely we should be the same as Australia etc in that anyone who wants to come and work/live here should have a job to come to and money to support themselves and should also be prepared to learn our language, laws and live with us not in separate communitys its what I'd expect to have to do if I moved to another country. Maybe the whole french port should be high fenced off with armed guards and proper border control like it used to be with everyone having to show passports etc at booths before entering the port, that would be a cheaper solution than paying to send them back once they are here although costly initialy.
Think you are not seeing it as it is I agree with what you say about no papers no job to go too =no entry but these people have none of that and that is why they are doing what they are doing.
The answer is simple our so say government need to grow some balls and put a stop to it.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #28
Pussygalore
Adult

How! its all very well people saying someone else should do something but what do you suggest? at least I have said a possible solution, if those people don't have papers etc then surely they should be stopped at the border so isn't an armed fence and stringent checks for all at least one possible way. I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for them if they were leaving their country because of war etc then don't they only have to go to somewhere else in their country where its ok? they want to come here because they get given this that and the other for free, if they just wanted out they could stop anywhere between their home and here. They play on us feeling sorry to get what they want it doesn't work for the people who are born here and want help so why for someone who has done nothing for this country. I read in the paper today something about sending the army over there and its about time we offered the french some help for what is a problem that we've allowed to happen and if it takes a blooming big armed fence and everyone having to prove who they are then so be it.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 30-07-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #29
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
How! its all very well people saying someone else should do something but what do you suggest? at least I have said a possible solution, if those people don't have papers etc then surely they should be stopped at the border so isn't an armed fence and stringent checks for all at least one possible way.
No I don't think it is any good you can have a fence or a wall miles long as a barrier but it won't stop a thing unless the people on the other side follow up on what they say.
This government is to soft we see it time and time again the catch someone in a lorry and what do they do let them go to try again do they do that in other countries no.
We have to stop it at the source and let these people know that the whole bloody human rights thing will not wash any more in Britain.
In this day and age we should not be allowing people to be killed and driven out of their homes the people who do this need to be delt with.

Last edited by Gordon; 30-07-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #30
Pussygalore
Adult

but how many of these people are being driven out, when many of them are talked to on tv etc they say that they 'want' to come here that here is seen as the place to be where everything is offered etc, are those the people being hounded out? I don't think so. Yes there are many that genuingly deserve help but probably more who are just along for the ride and yes the situation where people are being killed and persecuted needs to be dealt with but most people don;t want to see the military acting over there so what do you do. Plus even if you do solve the problems in other countries I still think they'd want to come here, why stay and try to live in your own country when its told as being so much easier over here. I also think that the younger people here are more inclined to believe the 'sob' stories than the older ones who are bought up to help themselves rather than rely on handouts.