Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
chatty123
Hatchling

Default Grrrrrr i hate this

I am having to wait in for some large packed boxes to be delivered and i hate it. its such a wasted day when i really wanted and needed to go shopping for new shorts/ bikinis, oh and wool for shazs tortoise.

instead I have cleaned , ironed, scrubbed, bathed the little torties, put them out to play in their enclosure (which is south facing and currently recording 34c at this very moment)

they guarantee delivery between 8 and 12 and now its 11. so looks like i'll be the last morning delivery.
chatty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I was waiting for city link once and had paid for next day delivery. no sign of them so I phoned up at 4.45 and said is this delivery coming or what? I was told that the driver had called at 4.25pm and no one was in! I said you or your driver are lying pal, I have been painting my front door all afternoon and was still doing it at 4.25pm and if he had been why didn't he leave a card? He told me he would contact the driver and get him to come back as he must have gone to the wrong address. He never came. 3 times I paid for next day delivery with city link and each time was a FAIL. On another occasion they 'lost' my £700 telly. I won't order things now if I know the delivery is by city link
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Evie
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty123 View Post
I am having to wait in for some large packed boxes to be delivered and i hate it. its such a wasted day when i really wanted and needed to go shopping for new shorts/ bikinis, oh and wool for shazs tortoise.

instead I have cleaned , ironed, scrubbed, bathed the little torties, put them out to play in their enclosure (which is south facing and currently recording 34c at this very moment)

they guarantee delivery between 8 and 12 and now its 11. so looks like i'll be the last morning delivery.
I hardly call that a wasted day - you 've done more today than I do in a week!!!!

And your little ones have enjoyed this glorious weather.
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
linda
Adult

has your parcel arrived
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
chatty123
Hatchling

.when he arranged the courier they said they would be here between 8 and 12 and they pay 10% refund for every hour they go over the allotted time.

they arrived at 11.59. ha ha .

he had no choice but to use a courier Alan, he's in the navy and is being deployed to diego garcia in a few weeks for 12 months , so all his gear had to come up from porstmouth for him to sort and repack ready to shipped out

I've just been in town and got him some deodrants, cos they were cheaper than the supermarkets, he asked me to get 25. so I emptied the shelf and the sales assistant said " oh are you going away for a few days". made me laugh it'd have to be a smelly few days away to need all that
Old 16-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
chatty123
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I hardly call that a wasted day - you 've done more today than I do in a week!!!!

And your little ones have enjoyed this glorious weather.
wasted evie cos i'd rather be clothes shopping or at the gym than the housework. ha ha

so if that husband of mine comes home and leaves a dirty mark in the shower, clothes on the floor or crumbs on the carpet, there will be BOTHER.
Old 16-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
themayneman
Banned
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to themayneman
Default Sorry you had such a wasted morning

Hiya Chatty, I empathise with you there. There is nothing more annoying than waiting around for deliveries etc. Actually I lie...there is!!!!!
Cleaning , ironing and scrubbing!!! Glad they finally turned up for ya though
Regards, Gary
themayneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
chatty123
Hatchling

Yep so hubby says he's going to start sending me empty boxes by courier every week just so he can come home to a lovely clean house, freshly laundered clothes and tea in the oven.
cheeky mare