Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #351
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by red foot marg View Post
Thats easy to answer , try all the cheap digs to start with . thats all i have to say to you on this matter , you only want to see one side then thats fare enough.
So I, (the person who suggested he should start a thread) would be the one who would prevent him from starting a thread? What a great answer
Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #352
ONielsen
Hatched

Back to OP Q !

Noone rejects this solid input so could be the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONielsen View Post
Is this really true ?

"Pellet type foods (An often overlooked factor of pyramiding is grain based diets. These are the pellet food that some claim to be essential to health. They typically contain soy, wheat and or rice. These are high in omega 6 fatty acids which has a negative effect on health. They also have an acidifying effect which causes a leaching of bone. They are high in phytate which binds calcium and other minerals. They also have an unfavorable ca/ph ratio and a low ca/mg ratio which has a negative impact on calcium metabolism. Grains alter Vit D metabolism. Diets high in grains can have a negative impact on bone growth in spite of adequate exposure to sunshine. (http://www.sawellnesscenter.com//nutrition/Diet/Cereal%20article-1.pdf)"

http://russiantortoise.net/russiantortoisediet.htm

..over and out ... for me

ON
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #353
EJ
Adult

First I notice the photos removed... quite proud of them are you...

Main point of this post...

You admit... Which amounts to a cheap trick... ok... I'm done... really... no more... finis... kaput...

Quote:
I can continue to spam with pics of other torts if people finds it relevant.

Quote:
Ive been asked for pictures many times , because others wanna see whats behind the typing , I guess. I dont think ive anything that needs backing up on a picture or two , but last night I was fed up so I posted a few.

Now Im constantly claimed for using cheap tricks and scoring points from pictures ?!
by a supermoderator and after thinking about it ... Ill go back to where I use to be on this site and remove my sore inputs.
Thx Alan
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #354
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
I am very disappointed that none of you have learnt from the last shut down of the forums chat box and facilities! This thread now has no educational purpose, all it is showing that there are common trends with certain individuals and you are breaking relationships and bonds as you go!!

Now here are a few facts for you:

Ed - You are a fantastic tortoise keeper and educator, but like I have said on numerous occasions your social skills are a bit tired and when met with Chris you show no shame!

Chris - You are also a fantastic tortoise keeper and educator. But you are a wind up merchant and when teamed with Ole you also so no shame!

Ole - You are also a fantastic tortoise keeper - however I feel you could use and share your knowledge more on posts rather then using your rather impressive sarcastic manner to be a rebel!.....and again you show no shame!

Now I get on with all of you and I care about about this forum. I have found this thread very distressful and I think you all need to make an apology to the Members of Shelled Warriors for making this forum your boxing ring!

Guys you just can't keep doing this you are destroying what Shelled Warriors is about. People want help and advice so can you please try and get along for the sake of other members rather then your own.

I would really appreciate it if you could just put this behind you because I am getting quite upset, that the 3 people who I get on with most and turn to for advice is unintentional pushing me away........

Lots of Love

Sara xxxxxxx
That's a very fair point Sara.

I will admit to being at fault too and therefore would like to aplologise to Red Foot Marg, Osric Jonathan, ONeilson and anyone else who may have been offended by any of my comments in this or any other thread
Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #355
Kirkie
Adult

Old 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #356
EJ
Adult

when I have the time I'll address this for the benefit of those who read that garbage that is taken out of context.

Nowhere is it stated that it is 'essential for health' but I can see where that could be taken out of context... 'this diet provides all the nutrients that are essential for good health'... I just wrote that and didn't take it off a package.

I state that a formulated diet is an alternative for providing good nutrition to a captive tortoise.

Quote:
Back to OP Q !

Noone rejects this solid input so could be the truth.

..over and out ... for me
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #357
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
I am very disappointed that none of you have learnt from the last shut down of the forums chat box and facilities! This thread now has no educational purpose, all it is showing that there are common trends with certain individuals and you are breaking relationships and bonds as you go!!

Now here are a few facts for you:

Ed - You are a fantastic tortoise keeper and educator, but like I have said on numerous occasions your social skills are a bit tired and when met with Chris you show no shame!

Chris - You are also a fantastic tortoise keeper and educator. But you are a wind up merchant and when teamed with Ole you also so no shame!

Ole - You are also a fantastic tortoise keeper - however I feel you could use and share your knowledge more on posts rather then using your rather impressive sarcastic manner to be a rebel!.....and again you show no shame!

Now I get on with all of you and I care about about this forum. I have found this thread very distressful and I think you all need to make an apology to the Members of Shelled Warriors for making this forum your boxing ring!

Guys you just can't keep doing this you are destroying what Shelled Warriors is about. People want help and advice so can you please try and get along for the sake of other members rather then your own.

I would really appreciate it if you could just put this behind you because I am getting quite upset, that the 3 people who I get on with most and turn to for advice is unintentional pushing me away........

Lots of Love

Sara xxxxxxx
Thanks for that Sara, probably the first constructive post in the last 100, 200, 300 who knows??
Alison x
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #358
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Ok, closing this one now, I'm sure none of you are surprised, but what a shame that once again a discussion has turned into a nasty bitter slanging match.

I suggest that Neddy's last post is read again, there is alot of sense in there.

Time to take a breather folks.