Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 23-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #21
Tamie Milne
Hatched

------------
[/quote]

start your stupid rants.

QUIT GETTING ON MY BACK OVER NOTHING!

temparary enclosure.

SEE YA!

Obviously hit a nerve then ! Lol

If your torts are fine, why did one's nails fall out?

Check the nutritional value of cucumber - only given to rehydrate torts in need!

As for my stupid rants - well I would not have to rant if you cared for your tortoises properly! Which it is clearly evident you do not and have not for some considerable time.

GETTING ON MY BACK OVER NOTHING - well actually it is not 'nothing' - tortoise care and husbandry is very important IMO, obviously not yours though!

Temporary - by definition temporary means 'FOR A SHORT WHILE' , a year in those appalling conditions is not temporary it is long term. Gross.

SEE YA! - let's hope we see you when you grow up, realise the error of your ways and produce some wonderful pictures of tortoise enclosures, not washing up bowls or similar or your bedroom floor .

Tamie
Tamie Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #22
nessie
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to nessie

omg didnt expect to be reading all this tonight you have got to understand all advice on here is given in the very best interest of your torts you can understand people getting upset when advice is obviously not taken cant understand why you would want to come on here if you didnt want to give your torts the very best care you possibly could hope you can find as good advice some where else although i very much doubt it

MUM TO 3 DOGS 3 CATS 3 MARGINATED 1 PARROT 4 FISH AND 2 LOVELY BOYS ONE 4 AND ONE BORN 5.9.08
nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #23
wizzasmum

hope you can find as good advice some where else although i very much doubt it

Cheeky thing Nessie!!
Old 23-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #24
nessie
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to nessie

its true ive learnt so much on here in 3 months its amazing just wish id known about the site sooner than i did you would think people would appeciate all the help they could get when owning these wonderful animals i know i do even if questions sometime sound a bit silly how else do you learn iv even been able to pass some of my knowledge onto potential tort owners feel so proud when asked things and i can answer the basics all thanks to you guys

MUM TO 3 DOGS 3 CATS 3 MARGINATED 1 PARROT 4 FISH AND 2 LOVELY BOYS ONE 4 AND ONE BORN 5.9.08
nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #25
piglet
Adult

Taylor we don't want you leave this forum just take in whats been said, yes it may come across as harsh but these things can't hold out forever, you have stated for such a long time now about improving your enclosure size wise but do little except say you will sort it, frankly its not good enough and people will get on your back after all Taylor your tortoises aren't getting the right husbandry which is something we are trying to get across so don't expect special circumstances because you can't afford it husbandry and welfare come first i'm afraid .
Now your diet might well be OK now but housing certainly needs improving immediately, you have been given advise time after time but to no avail so you can't blame people getting on your case sort it now or rehome them please .
Darren

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #26
niamherrity
Adult

I agree nessie I feel the same.

My daughter is the same age as tay and is only given pets when I feel she will look after them to the best of her ability and my supervision. I have asked tay before about the way he kept his torts and was told he would do it when he was ready. I'm not an angel I had henny in a viv for two weeks before I realized she should not be in one. But the hole family done it's best to get her out of it

Tay you attitude needs adjusting We are here to help but enough is enough
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #27
Cpx

I dont care about my attitude! i understand and take in allll your advice, but none of you seem to see that. I said i will get a bigger enclosure ...but how i got them is fine for the time being! ive explained how theyre only in the enclosure a few hours a day.
But you lot seem to hate the fact of it.
I am getting a bigger cage, weather you all believe it or not i dont personally care, not being a so an so but its true.
ive said frm time after time! but noone listens.
i know your trying to get your points across, but come on go about it a bit decent and not just snapping as you do.

IM leaving the forum as of after this post, you all can say bad about me i dont care..i wont be here.
I will turn to repticzone as i used to, infact they're better. they dont SNAP they dont make big things outta small things.
Not only that, theyre just as good advisers as you all are, your all great at it. But you all seem to think that im NOT trying my best when i am.

I will be doing something in a few weeks.
now take it how you like it, but im doing just fine.
The vet from PDSA did say bigger enclosure is needed ASAP, but the way how i have them is just about fine til i get the bigger enclosure.
I cant afford a 70 pound cage just straight off! no... and my parents dont exactly get money in every day!
Urgh look ive explained what im doing i aint gunna go through an through it again.

Thankyou for all your advice, your tips and so forth.
Bye
Old 23-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #28
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

Well you keep saying you will get a larger enclousure over and over, but it never seems to happen. Perhaps thats why no one believes you.
I'm not sure why you are spending £70 on an enclousure when you could buy a storage tub, which would do for a couple of years for under £10. I am sure though that there will be an excuse as to why this wouldn't work.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #29
Cpx

Lol there is a excuse, my MOTHER!
she cant stand table tops or storage boxes! ive shown her alll your enclosures, specially yours Peter, but she says eww no i cant have one those in my house! so its a rabbit cage OR the same enclosure now.
ive drilled it into mum table top TABLE TOP or storage box STORAGE BOX! but she says no and thats end of.
ive argued that they need a better enclosure, but she wont have it. she said how ive got them is fine until we get the bigger cage in a few weeks.
we've started paying for the cage its just finishing!
the weather turns warmer in a few weeks so they'll be outdoors in the big pen for a GOOOD while so they'll be fine then!
and during that, my birthday arrives lil while after the warm weather gets here, i will pay the rest off and get that cage in my home setting it up and ready for the tortoises for cold days of the spring/summer time.

surely they will be fine til then?

Also, sorry for having an attitude i promised sarah i would keep calm so i am apologising
Old 23-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #30
swad1000
Adult

So your mum would rather your pets suffer than having a suitable enclosure in the house, simple then she shouldn't of allowed you to have tortoises.

I don't care if anyone is keeping a stick insect to an endangered animal their welfare comes before all else, if it doesn't then you shouldn't have them.

You don't have to spend a fortune on having the best, as long as its adequate for your pets needs, and if yours isn't then it needs sorting now, not in a few weeks, I feel very sorry for your tortoises, and hope they suffer no permanant damage due you yours and your mothers neglect.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote