Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 25-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Mrs Frog
Adult

Default Son has just got his bike stolen

he was at a 2 hour business course for his GCSEs and he borrowed his brothers bike as his was broken and it was locked up and outside the office at the shopping centre,which we are waiting to hear if there is CCTV footage,my son came out and saw the lock on the ground and the bike gone,2 lads were sat there and one of them said to the other,"Shall we tell him who took it"?Other one said No we dont want to get involved,later on the way home one lad told him the name of the lad who supposidly took it
I have had the police here and they have taken a statement,I feel so sad for my other son whos bike it belonged to
Dont know wether to claim on insurance orr not?
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
cath
Hatchling

We had a similar incident, younger son borrowed older brothers bike, was secured, but someone must of used bolt cutters or something and when he came out the bike was gone, thought I was doing the right thing and contacted the police got a incident number for the insurance claim ect, but when I contacted the insurance company they said if it had been stolen from our home they would of paid up BUT because it was stolen away from the home they wouldn't pay out, so be careful.

Cath
cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Star
Sub Adult

Sorry to hear about your sons bike..you might be better waiting to see if they recover the bike, but notifying the insurance company in the mean time.

We are living in a society where it is becoming acceptable and common place, that if you want something, you take it.....regardless to whether its yours or not

My sons school doesnt have a bike section, for bikers wanting to ride to school (primary)......so we asked at our Church (opposite his school and which is a part of the school), they said yes, so we locked it up in the yard...On his first day of taking it in...it was gone he was devastated.

No where is safe...
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote