Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #11
Daryn
Hatchling

I think you can download it without installing it straight away so if you can get it free then do so and save it and just read up to see how others are getting on with it, have to say though if your on windows 7 I would hold on to that for a little longer

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #12
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
Does this mean anyone who has survived the menopause could find using Windows 10 a problem. We were looking at upgrading it last night but the system was too busy. Maybe we should re think, it is interesting what others think x x x. Hugs x x x
I would say yes , but if they are in the middle of the menopause I would advise a cautionary note that the computer could find itself on the lawn. And then where would they be?

Last edited by CherryBrandy; 31-07-2015 at 07:04 PM.
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
Merlin M
Adult

Well I have just upgraded to 10 on my tablet from 8.1 and my husband on his desk top from 7 seems ok so far!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #14
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Apparently there are some privacy issues with it. I kind of partly read an article about that and it advises you to read the whole 45 pages of the license agreement or something link http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #15
Anita Sayles
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Anita Sayles

I'm using Windows 10 too, seems ok so far. No real issues, I'm not one for change... didn't like Windows 8 at all and quickly went back to 7.
This is somewhere in between the two I think
Old 11-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #16
Gordon
Adult

Well I can't see me changing any time soon I don't do change my phone had a huge update the other week and nothing is the same as it was grrr.
As for my computer I never use it now as I can do every thing on my phone.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 AM   #17
Pussygalore
Adult

we're so old fashioned we don't have or want a mobile phone, well I suppose we have an old one in the car for emergencys, the £10 usually runs out before its used. I still have windows 7 on my old laptop and don't want to have to update it it must be 10 years old and is still going fine, I suppose it will pack up at some point and I'm dreading having to change it, it takes longer to learn a new thing as you get older.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #18
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
we're so old fashioned we don't have or want a mobile phone, well I suppose we have an old one in the car for emergencys, the £10 usually runs out before its used. I still have windows 7 on my old laptop and don't want to have to update it it must be 10 years old and is still going fine, I suppose it will pack up at some point and I'm dreading having to change it, it takes longer to learn a new thing as you get older.
As long as you make one call in six months you shouldnt lose the money Ann.
I was the same as you. I do now have an up to date phone. Bought for my birthday. But still cant get my head around all the useless things I will never use on it:0). I will say I do use it more, (thirty pounds has been on my phone for the last year, and I still have 20 on it:0) I prefer the face to face approach.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

I don't have a smart phone and only just changed to a qwerty key board type phone the other year. No wonder I couldn't text anyone and no idea if it does email even now. I do have windows 8 as I bought micro soft word and it didn't ork on old computer! shocker! I don't think chappie mentioned it because no one I know had a computer as old as mine. miss outlook but that's cause im stick in the mud.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
yuna1971
Adult

I like the new windows 10. I don't like Microsoft Edge though which they use as the new internet browser. But at least they leave the old IE on so that you get a choice. I think they are being very flexible with this upgrade. There is the option to revert back (for a certain period) after you upgrade and find you can't stand it. Overall, I think it's fine. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote