View Single Post
Old 27-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #18
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Lottie our rescue pug is always under my feet and the amount of times I joke she’s going to kill me…literally all the kids asked straightaway if I’d tripped over her!! Nope, can’t blame it on anything. I got up and fell down. Boring as can be.
Had to get hubby home from work as I couldn’t have driven myself to hospital plus needed someone to be with my son who has autism and the dogs. ��

Had it examined. Told it was most likely a break but the X-ray machine was being serviced and a part had been ordered so could I please come back in the morning. What were the chances?!
Phoned the nearest main hospital and they had a 3 hour wait for triage plus two major crashes on the motorway, so we decided against that, went home, I elevated, ate ice cream and watched as the bruising started.
So next morning had to go through the same palaver but was there nice and early and seen quickly.
I had a subtle fracture of the cortex of the 5th metatarsal and a second possible fracture of the tarsals (bit further back near the cuboid bone) as there was an overlap which can be indicative of a break. They said the consultant would check the x-rays and I’d be contacted should he/she feel I needed further treatment - cast, boot, etc - but it’s simply rest, elevation, painkillers (and ice if I need it for 20 mins at a time) for as long as needed. The nurse kept exclaiming at the amount of swelling. I told her she should have seen it yesterday ������
I was lucky not to need a boot because there was no displacement and this bone can usually heal itself well with the care recommendations. It’s about 6 weeks recovery but symptoms can still be present up until 3-6 months and even after that there might be pain or swelling if I walk on uneven ground or am stood for a long period of time. So I did as I was told and I was able to walk comfortably enough on it at around 6-8 weeks.
It was great watching the bruising expand, change colour and so on. I was lucky as hubby was on annual leave the following week so he painted the hall, I sat with my foot elevated and watched Netflix and it was nice to have a week off standing to cook and do the dishes.
All sounds very exciting but the thing that I'm concerned about is how the heck did they manage with out the cook and bottle washer.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote