View Single Post
Old 28-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #6
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by carryonsue View Post
Thanks for help and advice ev1, loft will be a no no then thanks,we do have a old caravan up the garden which we use for storage of garden items etc it is dry and rat free could this be suitable? What is best to put in pebbles box i.e as regards to shredded paper, soil,cork chippings,polysytrene pellets etc as heard of all these in my quest of trawling the internet to find the best hibernation method for my pebbles, polystyrene boxs, wooden boxs, plastic boxs there are so many different methods which is best as i`m very confused lol. Also when do you actually put them into hibernation i.e what month and how long for some say 8 weeks 12 weeks for her age 2-3 years old as she is sleeping alot more now... thanks in advance Susan and Pebbles.
As has been said, you do have the option not to hibernate, certainly until you know exactly what your doing, it might be worth waiting until next year, so you've got time to get well organised and time to really research. Hibernation time is nearly upon us, and mine are starting to slow down. Once they are really into wind down mode you can't really back out, so be sure that your well prepared before you let her start winding down. If you are going to use your caravan, do you know how cold it gets in there, it might be like a shed and she could freeze , you would need to have some sort of heating on a thermostat , that is set to come on at 5c.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote