Thread: ID please
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #13
Belinda
Hatchling

I think the thing is Sandy, with respect; pictures of the whole plant have been asked for hundreds of times...but Abram didn't know this, he wasn't here when it was asked for again and again. So, for you it was 'the straw and camels back' syndrome after asking for something many times in the past, but for him he was a new straw who didn't know the camels back was full or the reason for it being full. Is this analogy making sense, it seems like some sort of ridiculous kids fable

Maybe you could put a sticky at the top of the Edible Weeds and plants forum laying out the best way to get weed ID's. Personally, I find it hard anyway, even from just a picture...I'd like a description of the site, the texture of the leaves and stem, the underside of the leaves and even a ruler next to it (or a hand) so we can see the height and size of the plant/ for some easy ones, whcih are obvious, this isn't necessary i guess, but for the more unusual things then it helps to have extra details, descriptions and being able to put the size in context.