View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
Hanako
Hatchling

I am sorry I didn't get to posting pictures yet. Life was a bit hectic. (and it will get worse with Christmas coming in less than a month!)

I am pretty certain by now that the five eggs I wrote about in this thread are infertile. They were laid just over a month ago, so I should definitely see something in the eggs and there is nothing there. No dark shade, no circle of life, even the tiny white spot on four of them where I thought the eggs were chalking did not change (did not spread all over the egg to chalk completely) so it couldn't have been 'it'. Anyway, I will post pictures as soon as I get to it. I am not giving up on those eggs, even though I am 95% sure that they are not fertile. But I will leave them in incubator, just in case...

But the brilliant news is that 2 more tortoises laid eggs - yesterday my girl who was so badly ill for quite while and started getting better only around September laid two eggs. And another one laid six today!!! Those are her first ever eggs! It is so exciting!
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote