View Single Post
Old 30-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Last week one of my females had a prolapse. After much stress and trauma and various proceedures she was tested for protozoa as part of the process of elimination. She tested positive, I don't know what they were just that they were in there and my vet thinks that this could be the possible cause. She did have a bit of runny poo which I put down to her perhaps having a bit too much salad but apart form that she showed no other signs of illness. The prolapse happened after she laid her second clutch in less than a month.

Ed is always saying that protozoa is far more of a problem than worms or anything else (not his exact words but you get my drift)

Now I don't know if it was the protozoa that caused the prolapse, or too many eggs from a rapidly grown female ( first year with eggs, she's only about 7) but It's given me a right shake up.

This is the first time I've spoken about this on the forum as it has upset me so much but want people to know the importance of getting animals tested for parasites, I really thought I might lose my little lady this week.

Good luck with Dolly, Lynne, I am glad you're getting her treated hun, better safe than sorry imo