View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #5
Charles S
Egg

Thanks for the input everyone! Going to try and hit all the replies at once.

In regards to the basking temperature, I'm not sure how to make it any hotter, the lamp is 100W already and is as close as I can get it without it being in the dangerous UV range, maybe I should try a different bulb? It's an Arcadia D3, got it due to the recommendations from other owners.

What are we aiming for ambient? I've always kept it on the warmer side as I expected that'd be preferred over cooler, since it has to be heated throughout the night also.

She's around 12, so an adult.

When I say she's in a shed, it's actually my office, fully insulated, windows, flooring etc. So it's not much like a shed lol

Didn't realise that she'd be good to stay outdoors 24/7 at this moment in time, she was a month or so ago when its was very warm here. I'm in the midlands if that helps. Any idea of an outdoor temperature that I can use as a baseline? If it's going to get below 12C I won't let her stay out over night typically.

I do love having her outside as she has a nice big enclosure with lots of plants to bury under and explore, also the UV indoors in not even close to outdoors so whenever I can I try to get her out.

Thanks again, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Charles
Charles S is offline   Reply With Quote