View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Pussygalore
Adult

you're doing the right thing! most decent zoo's, parks etc should appreciate comments about their place and if worded politely should be only to pleased to reply. Hopefully its only temporary housing but if so wouldn't it be helpfull if they put a notice up saying so, I'm sure there are many visitors that do notice things amiss and a notice would save a lot of worry. We went to Dudley the other year and there was a large turtle upside down under a waterfall, the force of the water kept it that way and when I told a keeper they thanked me and went to see to it, I also asked why the Sulcatas didn't have any water and was shown their usual enclosure which was being cleaned out and the water was sorted. Don't be shy to say something, the turtle could have drowned if I hadn't and there were plenty of other visitors that saw but didn't say anything. There are only so many keepers and they can't be everywhere at once, besides speaking up if one of the only ways to get things improved if they need it, this applies to anywhere that has animals, go and say if you have concerns but also give them praise if you see something you like.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote