View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #18
burnt toast
Adult

If you are unsure about his ear look from the top of his head straight down and compare both sides (usually swollen if an ear problem) You could try adding some abidec to his bathing water. (Liquid vitamins, meant for human babies, safe for torts, okd by herp vet) these are a good pick me up for unwell torts and would adress vitamin deficiency if there (which I dont think there is) they are available from most good chemists and supermarkets add about half an inch to warm water in small bath and keep him in as long as you can, adding hot water if necc (15-20 mins is ideal) try to do this daily.

You coukd also try bathing the eye with a cooled ordinary tea bag until you get or in between eye drop applications this should help sooth his eye. The more often you can apply the eye drops the better as if it has been scratched and bacteria have got in they re populate within 2 hours! I had great success with the eye drops I mentioned a few years ago, after all types of expensive treatments from my vet failed. I happened to see this frequency on line and as I was off work for xmas hols I wore a path up to the garden shed! Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote