View Single Post
Old 30-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
Horace2
Hatched

Default pellets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
How many pellets are you giving them? I think youre only supposed to feed 2% of their bodyweight in pellets at a given time. That is what someone on here has said anyway before.

It says on the packaging that you can use them as a complete diet but I dont know many people who do that. Usually just 1 - 2 times a week during winter/ when weeds are scarce/ other reasons.

I have fed mine them before, once/twice a week when I havent found enough weeds and didnt want to buy bagged salad and yes mine put on weight... but they needed to put on the weight!

If you cant find weeds and dont want to feed them salad (florettes crunchy salad people usually feed) then how about feeding them every other day? Might be a silly idea... wait and see what other people think... I'm no expert lol.

Good luck x
Why do some owners feel so ashamed to admit feeding there tort pellets? My tort Horace who is 4 now would not be here if I did not feed pellets for him 3 times a week.
I bought all the weeds going, spent a long time caring for "them" But Horace would hardly eat them. Even outside in his hide he would hardly eat the weeds. Then I learnt about Pellets. Horace eats them 3 times a week. I bath him every day. This time of the year Horace will not eat anything other then the pellets.
Horace is well, eyes, nose lovely. He wakes up in the morning around 7am and does what a tortoise does until around 6.pm.
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote