Thread: Garden
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Now I know it's not my garden but all those flowers and shrubs would be out and a nice long greenhouse/lean to would be built along that lovely wall. Just think of what you could get in there along with some grape vines and peach trees mmmmmmmmmmm
I mooted an easier garden to care for last year and hubby said we could take it all out if I wanted, as I’m the gardener. He doesn’t know a crocus from a chrysanthemum! But it is full of edibles in there and I dry the lavender every year and make things with it and the autumn colours are just fantastic, so I can’t bring myself to rip it all out. Also, I don’t like to advertise the torts and that’s why we built the enclosures along the fence than the wall - so the neighbour can’t see exactly what I’ve got in these strange enclosures. In the winter we cover them and so a visitor assumed it was vegetables growing, and I didn’t contradict her!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote