View Single Post
Old 26-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Star
Sub Adult

Hi Paul,

I have a ceramic heat bulb which is inside a built in enclosure, it is on a thermostat with a sensor which keeps the temperature regulated.

I bought it from a pet suppliers, so you wouldnt have any problems with finding one.

I have an outside electricity supply which is linked to the torts house, I built an area for the sensor and a housing area inside to house the thermostat (this could just be connected to the side of the housing)....none of it was to hard to put in, the only real concerns are that your housing is water tight, also I drilled into the housing (a small hole) pushed the wire through, reconnected them, this helped minimize the possibility of water getting in, also I applied waterproof sealant around the inside and outside of the drilled hole once the wire was threaded through, just to be double safe.

Sorry if I am being to detailed, but just thought if I explain it all, then it may help....
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote