View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
Alright all you brumating shelled warriors! Time to wake up. It's been four days with no new posts.

The weather in my little speck of earth has been pretty darned nice. Warm, sunny days, cooler nights. So far my desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii and Gopherus berlandieri) are still brumating, but their hibernaculuums are pretty well insulated and don't usually warm up inside until late March.

The mulberry trees are starting to show leaf buds. The non-brumating tortoises will be glad for that. There's not much natural food for them this time of year.

I have a couple flowering pear trees and they're blooming like crazy. The almond orchard across the street from me is in bloom. The bee keeper placed his hives all around the orchard a couple weeks ago.

So, with all this spring time activity going on why are all you Shelled Warriors still brumating? Come on, guys. What's going on in your neck of the woods?

Lol well its darn cold here in Kent, the sun is shining and I have two tortoises up, and the others breaking ground. A few daffs out and a few primroses. Still in lockdown so rather depressing at times. Fine when you can get out in the garden:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote