View Single Post
Old 27-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #31
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkie View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any longer term experience with the Lumisol clear? I've just brought some with the aim or covering a tortoise pen and a turtle pond with the aim of extending the season a bit. I saw the TT article on this and the temperature gains were good, 10c + increases but all the readings were early spring with nothing for the other end of the year. I'm wondering how dependent on direct or partial sun this stuff is to make a big temperature difference. So if anyone does have any late season/ winter temperature recodings using lumisol it would be appreciated.
Last year mine were still under it in December but we'd had no frost and I checked forecasts daily. I can't remember the temps but never near to freezing. I had the weather station sensor under there. I also had thermal bricks round the enclosure at that end. I got really wet eventually and the ground everywhere was waterlogged. They had dug down but kept popping up now and again. I brought them in to a cold room where they semi-hibernated and came to life in spring.

See here http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=73849

Last edited by Alan1; 27-09-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote