View Single Post
Old 16-03-2016, 03:35 PM   #51
Hanako
Hatchling

I agree that healthy debate is always good, but as you said, there has been a bit of mud-slinging going on. (In fact, I would say not 'a bit' but 'quite a lot' mud slinging, if we want to be more accurate.) I can understand that some people are interested in localities, I am interested myself, but then again I wouldn't call anyone's tortoises cross without any proper reason for it. I have NEVER crossbred THH with THHerc or with THB, so I don't think this was deserved. Going on a thread where someone is selling something, and trying to put down the object of the sale without having any scientific proof behind their claim, surely that's not right. Isn't that slander? If I was selling the tortoises as a business, I would sue them for causing me damage. At the moment as I said, I am not selling the tortoises because of the money, and therefore I am only VERY, VERY angry about this because I don't think my tortoises deserve this! There is a huge difference in saying 'it's a pity you don't know their background, I prefer knowing because I am interested in localities' and between accusing someone for breeding cross and saying that they would breed anything to get the money. Surely you can see the difference? The line has been crossed I think.

In regards to the photos, I am sure you can understand that after being treated this way, I have no intention whatsoever to share any photos at all. What fault would 'some posters' find with my poor tortoise? Too big, too small, too wide, too narrow, too black, too yellow, too tall, her head is too big, her head is too small or whatever else. No, thanks. If you look at the tortoises I have posted in the past, my tortoises have relatively smooth shell, I am looking after them well, and all this mud slinging about me breeding cross was VERY hurtful.

Last edited by Hanako; 16-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote