Thread: XRAY Pictures
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

Poor Dory and what a worry for you. When he's resting do you notice his 'limb-breathing' movements are more noticeable than usual? We all see their little to-ing and fro-ing of their legs when they're sleeping but it's such a slight movement. If it's more exaggerated it could be a sign of more laboured breathing, but by the sounds of it Dory doesn't seem as if he's struggling so I wondered if such a small difference in his breathing could be noticed this way instead. Just clutching at straws really...
I'm no vet but the X-ray at least doesn't show any worrying mass or blockage. If worms have been eliminated too then hopefully something simple and easily-treatable will show up in his blood results.
I agree with Gordon though to up his temps. If there is any kind of infection he'll need to be kept warm day and night. In the meantime, until you get the results, it won't hurt to see if warmer temps perk him up a bit.
Please let us know how he gets on.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote