Thread: Tables
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
wow what inspiring pictures Emma ! I love it all. I actually think I dream of wooden structures and how to put them together. I love wood. I use to at school too and clay - still have clay models I made of Buddha from school ! I have my own drill and screwdrivers but cobble things together so to me this is pure genius ! it should be featured in Harry Potter !!! they are very clever and with the electrics , it takes planning and patience to get it just so. lot o hard work. You are so like me that you express yourself in every nook and cranny of the house. You cram every inch of design and you into the gaps. We have stacking books , stacking magazines, crannys and nooks and stuff it full of life. I admit a bit mad but it works and harmony ! simply lovely set up you have. CB

Clare, you are soo my sister! I too love wood & projects & cobbling things together (& wont give up until theyre done!) hubby calls me 'bodge it & scarper'!
Long story, don't know if you saw the pictures I pisted of my Horsfields greenhouse? I brought the frame £25! Intending to glaze with glass I had from an old greenhouse.

Asked hubby to build it for me & he replied : get me the instructions. None available. So it sat for two years!! One day i pulled out my giant meccano set! Laid out on the patio what looked like one side, then seven more! It couldn't be glass unfortunately (turned out to be a Sunday supplement special. After building the greenhouse (roof left over from my dads car port, lines going different directions so I could cut as much from each piece. I then set about building a wooden sleep box to but up against it. 4 x 2 but with a triangle one side so it joined to greenhouse side... Impossible according to hubby (I can remember being out in my nightie & coat one new years day, working on it!) but its up & been working fine for five years plus now!!

Id really like to make a small potting shed.. But musnt as donne enough projects in last few months. X

Emma theyre great. I have a double & a triple bunk. (not half as nice as yours) Mine are in conservatory but handy to have during winter or if i need to separate, keep an eye on someone.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote