Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Shelled Warriors Shop (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nutrazu in stock (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67219)

sarah 23-01-2013 01:31 PM

Nutrazu in stock

http://www.shelledwarriorsshop.co.uk...ost-1915-p.asp

Alan1 23-01-2013 06:36 PM

ordered 500g

Catwoman63 24-01-2013 02:53 PM

ive also ordered the 500g bag and some more vetark disinfectant lol x

ClareandCo 24-01-2013 04:42 PM

Are there any concerns over what the ingredients are?

emma_mcraf 24-01-2013 08:44 PM

I've ordered too. :)

ONielsen 24-01-2013 09:10 PM

Why...?.

Ingredients:
Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, ground oats, dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, cane molasses, brewers dried yeast, soybean oil, wheat germ, dehydrated alfalfa meal, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, DL-methionine, choline chloride, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K), pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), biotin, calcium pantothenate, ethoxyquin (a preservative), vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, folic acid, nicotinic acid, thiamin mononitrate, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClareandCo (Post 590598)
Are there any concerns over what the ingredients are?

Alan1 24-01-2013 09:36 PM

Quality ingredients

ClareandCo 25-01-2013 07:14 AM

This:

NutrazuĀ® Tortoise Diet has been designed for Galapagos tortoises, but may be useful for other species of dry land tortoises. Feed approximately 2-4% of body weight. It is not necessary to add water. Feed consumption will vary with temperature. Feed with good quality grass hay. Fresh fruits and vegetables (less than 20% by weight of total diet) may also be provided if desired.

My tortoises do not come from the Galapagos and nor do many others that people keep. Where I live has no resemblance to the Galapagos. I don't feed my tortoises grass hay, fresh fruit or vegetables.

As for the ingredients - a lot of those are in animal feeds, but farm animals. They are for quick, accelerated growth and bulking up (for obvious reasons). Some of the other ingredients are known to cause kidney and liver failure.

Soybean (soya bean), corn, oats, wheat middlings and dried brewers yeast, cane molluscs and salt - for tortoises?

That is just the first few listed.

Alan1 25-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClareandCo (Post 590651)
This:

NutrazuĀ® Tortoise Diet has been designed for Galapagos tortoises, but may be useful for other species of dry land tortoises. Feed approximately 2-4% of body weight. It is not necessary to add water. Feed consumption will vary with temperature. Feed with good quality grass hay. Fresh fruits and vegetables (less than 20% by weight of total diet) may also be provided if desired.

My tortoises do not come from the Galapagos and nor do many others that people keep. Where I live has no resemblance to the Galapagos. I don't feed my tortoises grass hay, fresh fruit or vegetables.

As for the ingredients - a lot of those are in animal feeds, but farm animals. They are for quick, accelerated growth and bulking up (for obvious reasons). Some of the other ingredients are known to cause kidney and liver failure.

Soybean (soya bean), corn, oats, wheat middlings and dried brewers yeast, cane molluscs and salt - for tortoises?

That is just the first few listed.

Don't buy it then. If your torts are not from the Galapagos Islands and you want to feed them stuff from where they do come from then you may have to import plants that have been grown in that region

Catwoman63 25-01-2013 08:34 AM

And it is our choice to buy it, we dont dictate to anyone else what to feed their tortoises x