Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Tortoise Health and Vets (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Suplements recomendation (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56916)

suttysue 29-10-2012 05:25 PM

Suplements recomendation

I am in the process of purchasing some suplement for my torts. I have used NUTROBOL but as soon as they sniffed the feed + the suplement they shyed away and didnt eat.
Is there another type of supplement that anyone can recomend that would give my torts the required nutrients etc.
thanks

TillyTortoise 29-10-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suttysue (Post 574147)
I am in the process of purchasing some suplement for my torts. I have used NUTROBOL but as soon as they sniffed the feed + the suplement they shyed away and didnt eat.
Is there another type of supplement that anyone can recomend that would give my torts the required nutrients etc.
thanks

Nekton MSA, you can find it on ebay :D

kkenny 29-10-2012 06:59 PM

it does stink doesnt it! Cant blame the torts really

Easter Bunny 29-10-2012 06:59 PM

Ross, Do you find that they prefer the Nekton?
I have the same problem as Sue with them not liking the Nutrobal x

TillyTortoise 29-10-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNNEE (Post 574167)
Ross, Do you find that they prefer the Nekton?
I have the same problem as Sue with them not liking the Nutrobal x

Mine don't even seem to notice the Nekton :)

Lottey 29-10-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TillyTortoise (Post 574150)
Nekton MSA, you can find it on ebay :D

Hi, do you use the Nekton MSA or Nekton Rep? The MSA seems to be mainly minerals and does not contain the vit A which I think :?: is what smells so bad. Most of mine don't like the nutrobal either so I started using the vetark BSP drops in every other bath + some calcium but this is only multi-vits and not minerals as well. I need to find some minerals without D3 added again.

This website seems to give good detail about all the different Nekton mixes you can get. www.nyworms.com/nekton.htm

I wonder if Nekton Rep smells :twisted: like Nutrobal?

suttysue 30-10-2012 09:30 AM

Which nekton?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TillyTortoise (Post 574168)
Mine don't even seem to notice the Nekton :)

I have looked at the NEKTON on E-Bay and there are a few diferent ones so wondered which one is the best for an all round supplement.
thanks
Sue

burnt toast 30-10-2012 03:52 PM

I use Nekton MSA but prior to this switched to buying smaller pots of Nutrabal as I think it gets smellier the longer you keep it.

Hasnt got D3 but mine really like the tortoise world, ultima organic calcium mix which is a mix of cuttlefish/limestone flour & oystershell, a 3rd of each. Have had good results with females laying after feeding this too.

suttysue 01-11-2012 08:29 AM

I have now bought some NEKTON MSA so we shall se if they shy away that.
thanks for the suggestions I will post the result as soon as.
Sue

filardimarg2 01-11-2012 11:19 AM

I use Nekton MSA, but mine will eat nutrobol to, i was just told nekton was better.

Marg.