Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Roll on Spring...... (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47169)

TortBabe 13-12-2011 09:18 AM

Roll on Spring......

My 5 meds have been in the fridge for a week now, all is going well, my nerves are settling now, thought I still give them a little poke every day to make sure they are ok :oops: Roll on Spring I miss them so much already :(

JoesMum 13-12-2011 01:23 PM

I know how you feel, though Joe isn't hibernating. Mercifully he's piling on weight and I can't wait to get him back into his normal habitat in warm(er ;)) weather

burnt toast 13-12-2011 02:41 PM

I checked my bigger ones Sunday & was surprised by how big they seem compared to my tinies who are mainly still up. Big ones have been asleep for 2 & 3 weeks now, I was also surprised how dark Sids shell was compared to my hermans, its funny how quick you forget!

Bindi 14-12-2011 06:00 PM

Hate hate hate the winter, hate my torts hibernating, totally agree with you Clare, roll on the Spring :smile:

jayne2942 14-12-2011 06:31 PM

Hello
I hate this cold weather,and the worries of hibernation,my three horsefields are in hibernation outside in there home,i now have my rehomed redfoot to look after this winter so he's getting lots of attention and loving it.
Jayne

TortBabe 14-12-2011 06:51 PM

This is my 2nd hibernation, and though I know what to do, I still find myself panicking :( While they are blissfully asleep though, I do still have the 2 Stars, 6 Tunisians and Delilah Ibera up to keep me busy though :)

mrscross78 14-12-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TortBabe (Post 514182)
This is my 2nd hibernation, and though I know what to do, I still find myself panicking :( While they are blissfully asleep though, I do still have the 2 Stars, 6 Tunisians and Delilah Ibera up to keep me busy though :)

Wow, lucky you having all those torts.. I'm jealous :)
My 2 aren't hibernating but I do find that they are not so wide awake :( .. they are eating fine so I guess I shouldn't worry!
This winter for me is already dragging even though it has barely started.. I don't mind calm cold crisp days but all this bitter cold wind and rain is hell... and to top it all I am toilet training my new Whippet pup so I am getting blasted with the freezing winds every hour or so!

burnt toast 15-12-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrscross78 (Post 514200)
Wow, lucky you having all those torts.. I'm jealous :)
My 2 aren't hibernating but I do find that they are not so wide awake :( .. they are eating fine so I guess I shouldn't worry!
This winter for me is already dragging even though it has barely started.. I don't mind calm cold crisp days but all this bitter cold wind and rain is hell... and to top it all I am toilet training my new Whippet pup so I am getting blasted with the freezing winds every hour or so!

You will have to invest in some thermals! :)