Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dont go shopping when you're hungry! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31521)

Zen 12-11-2009 09:24 AM

Dont go shopping when you're hungry!

I popped into Sainsbury's yesterday to get some tea bags and washing powder, unfortunately i was feeling hungry and also came away with...
Crumpets
Large cookies with choc chops
Large cookies with raison and oats
Large bag Honey roasted mixed nuts
Croissants
and.....a bottle of Baileys :oops:
It didnt feel so bad when i was buying them, but this morning, i see there is only one cookie left in each bag, the nuts and coissants are open also!
Oh well, i will go to the gym tonight.......... and then have a Baileys when i get back :lol:

Alan1 12-11-2009 09:33 AM

:lol: yes this is what happens. If I go in for one item it usually costs me about £40 because I just can't avoid buying the offers

Zen 12-11-2009 09:42 AM

I know what you mean, my OH practically dragged me out of the christmas nibbles isle :lol::lol:

cath 12-11-2009 12:29 PM

Do IT ONLINE, you can't buy and eat at the same time, saves you money, you get free delivery on orders of £100 n over, on a Tues,wed,thurs only, No trudging to the store,No petrol costs, No queuing at till, No having to unload at till, No packing, No taking to car an trudging back and to from car to home at other end, all offers are the same as instore,, YOU GET a nice person who does all that for you, you can choose an hourly slot for delivery that suits you, if they're late even buy just a few minutes they'll give you a £10 voucher,(although they're never late) only drawback IS you can do it from your armchair with a brew and a biscuit:):):)

Bindi 12-11-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cath (Post 335066)
Do IT ONLINE, you can't buy and eat at the same time, saves you money, you get free delivery on orders of £100 n over, on a Tues,wed,thurs only, No trudging to the store,No petrol costs, No queuing at till, No having to unload at till, No packing, No taking to car an trudging back and to from car to home at other end, all offers are the same as instore,, YOU GET a nice person who does all that for you, you can choose an hourly slot for delivery that suits you, if they're late even buy just a few minutes they'll give you a £10 voucher,(although they're never late) only drawback IS you can do it from your armchair with a brew and a biscuit:):):)

Where do you get free delivery, Cath? The supermarket I use isn't free :sad:

cath 12-11-2009 12:52 PM

Sainsburys, I'v been getting mine like that for a year or so and would never go back now, once you get in the routine of nipping online, your usuals are saved from wk to wk, you can pre book upto 3 wks in advance, so I usually book an order the wk before, sometime have 3 orders booked over the 3 weeks, then as and when I remember bits an bobs just nip on and click amend and add to or take off, soooo easy

tartaruga amore 12-11-2009 04:51 PM

i have seen them shopping, i am far too fussy to have it done for me, they just take whatevers at hand, dont check the dates,drop it on the floor, sneeze all over it, lick their fingers and pack raw and cooked meats together, love to have mine done but i would never eat the stuff

cath 12-11-2009 05:29 PM

Sorry but if your under the illusion that that doesn't happen before you get there to shop for it yourself you need to wake up and smell the roses as they say, that's a loud of rubbish, I used to think I was too fussy and that the quality wouldn't be very good but I was wrong and now know,,, NO way would I waste my time when I can get someone do it for free

tartaruga amore 12-11-2009 05:51 PM

sorry, didnt mean to upset you:-?

i aint no fool tho,i know what happens however i am very very selective in my choice and control as much as i am able

i have no need to smell roses or other!!

Alan1 12-11-2009 06:16 PM

yes but I like the thrill of the checkout :D