Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events/Meetings (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Wiltshire Tortoise Group Open Day (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74474)

tortydat 19-05-2017 01:31 PM

Wiltshire Tortoise Group Open Day

Wiltshire Tortoise Group will be holding an Open Day tomorrow in Sutton Benger Village Hall (SN15 4RP) between 11.00am and 3.00pm entry is £2 per adult with children free. There will be tortoises to see as well as plants to buy and lots of tortoise sales goods to purchase. Best of all Gordon will be there with some of his brilliant tortoises the only thing we can't guarantee is that he will be in his leotard! Mary x

Suze65 19-05-2017 08:00 PM

If Gordon appears in his leotard, I'll walk all the way there :mrgreen:

emma_mcraf 19-05-2017 10:03 PM

I have reason to believe he's making a grand entrance in his camo mankini!!! :mrgreen:

tortydat 20-05-2017 08:57 AM

Oh no no we are trying to attract people not frighten them off!

Suze65 20-05-2017 05:17 PM

So how did it go ? :-D

tortydat 20-05-2017 06:36 PM

It was a great success thank you Suze and we will almost certainly do it again next year. Gordon had some lovely tortoises on show which everyone seemed to like, nearly all the plants went and sales went very well also. It was good to see Clare as well. You will have to come next year.

Suze65 20-05-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortydat (Post 671704)
It was a great success thank you Suze and we will almost certainly do it again next year. Gordon had some lovely tortoises on show which everyone seemed to like, nearly all the plants went and sales went very well also. It was good to see Clare as well. You will have to come next year.

Definitely count me in for next year. I was telling hubby about it , and saying how much I wish I could have gone, and he said he would be happy to drive me up next year . I didn't think he would enjoy it, as its my interest, but apparently he is happy to come along too.

tortydat 20-05-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 671706)
Definitely count me in for next year. I was telling hubby about it , and saying how much I wish I could have gone, and he said he would be happy to drive me up next year . I didn't think he would enjoy it, as its my interest, but apparently he is happy to come along too.

Yes tell him there's some pretty good cake on offer!

emma_mcraf 20-05-2017 08:42 PM

Sounds like a good day. Pleased it went well for you. :-)

CherryBrandy 20-05-2017 10:05 PM

you must try and come next year ! it was really good. I really don't do social gatherings at all but the chit chat was brilliant and the tortoises running round grew such an attraction ! everyone was happy including the tortoises . Let them eat cake !! (there was gin but the tortoises didn't notice :shock::?:-D )