Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wife not happy with me again doh (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73454)

Daryn 17-09-2015 06:00 PM

Wife not happy with me again doh

Well my wife never wanted a tortoise but I got one anyway because I love them lol, and she is no bother ;-) infact I get a better conversation out of Terri the torte and she doesnt moan.

My wife hates my snoring so Im now confined to the huffy room :smile: even though I now have a machine for it, she does not like the hissing noise of the machine now :-x

Now for my other hobby, wife doesnt like my cb / amateur radio hobby which I have had since being 10 years old, I talk to people all over the world, and she wasnt happy today when she got in from work and saw my wire antenna around the garden :lol: 160 feet of wire lol, Im talking to the world with ease now but it doesnt look as bad as the last one.

Now what else can I do to irritate her, anything really its not that hard :lol: infact what a miserable bugga she has turned into :lol::lol::lol:

Is it me or what :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gordon 17-09-2015 06:17 PM

Get shot of her and get more tortoises like you say they don't moan.:-D

CherryBrandy 17-09-2015 06:23 PM

ok you could A) tell wifey jokes B) replace her with a robot or C) Gordon's plan - the tortoise part

NOT !!!
Men are from Mars Women are from Venus !!! Tell us 5 things why you fell in love with your wife/ or when girlfriend (who is now your wife!!)in the first place.

Cb

Kighill 17-09-2015 08:43 PM

My wife did not really express herself one way or the either about me getting my tortoises and just shrugged her shoulders. She is rather enjoying them now though.

However it was not so easy when I turned up one day with two porkie pigs!!!!

They are quite difficult to sneak down the garden underarm.

I managed to get the first one down the garden into "the new chicken pen"( it was actually a run for the porkers)

When I picked up the second pig all hell broke loose, with my long suffering partner running into the garden to see what was happening.

I was met with "you have not bought a pig have you"

I answered in all honesty "no, I have bought two"

So the tortoise were quite an easy introduction.

emma_mcraf 17-09-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kighill (Post 658794)
My wife did not really express herself one way or the either about me getting my tortoises and just shrugged her shoulders. She is rather enjoying them now though.

However it was not so easy when I turned up one day with two porkie pigs!!!!

They are quite difficult to sneak down the garden underarm.

I managed to get the first one down the garden into "the new chicken pen"( it was actually a run for the porkers)

When I picked up the second pig all hell broke loose, with my long suffering partner running into the garden to see what was happening.

I was met with "you have not bought a pig have you"

I answered in all honesty "no, I have bought two"

So the tortoise were quite an easy introduction.

That is just brilliant! :lol:
I spent years wanting a pair of miniature or Kune Kune pigs but my research showed they don't stay very small for long! What breed have you got?

Kighill 17-09-2015 09:17 PM

Perhaps not for the squeamish, they were given various names Pig and Pig or Pork and Chop or simply Sausages.

They were meat pigs destined for the table although we do like to think they had a good life with us, which they did they were pampered pigs.

Kighill 17-09-2015 09:19 PM

I did once buy a goat shed for a pair of Pet Pygmy goats, I failed to win on this one, but it is all about give and take.

emma_mcraf 17-09-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kighill (Post 658797)
Perhaps not for the squeamish, they were given various names Pig and Pig or Pork and Chop or simply Sausages.

They were meat pigs destined for the table although we do like to think they had a good life with us, which they did they were pampered pigs.

I think more people are rearing their own food if they have the space to do so. I'm far too attached to my animals to do it personally but I have acquaintances who do. I think it's good to know what you're eating and where it's come from. Perhaps there'd be less waste if people had more compassion and understanding.
Goats are a different ballgame altogether. They just eat anything so I wouldn't be cool with them, especially if they decided to eat my washing or garden plants. I don't think you can be a proud gardener and have goats. :lol:

As you say, it's give and take. My hubby and I have an understanding - he buys golf clubs and I have torts. Neither one of us understands why the other needs so many but we compromise. :D

Daryn 18-09-2015 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 658790)
Tell us 5 things why you fell in love with your wife/ or when girlfriend (who is now your wife!!)in the first place.

Cb

:confused::cry::shock::rolleyes: Can I phone a friend :oops:

Stellanne 18-09-2015 05:32 PM

I guess forgiving your mistakes isn't high on the list!! X x xx hugs x x x