Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > amph55

Conversation Between amph55 and Levi
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. amph55
    06-07-2012 11:07 AM
    amph55
    same here! Trot has gone into the greenhouse where he can sit under a basking lamp. I let him out when it stops raining but although he goes out willingly he soon comes back in again after eating a few weeds from the lawn. Yes if we dont get sun soon I know he'll stop eating as he likes his freedom since he was kept in a garden very wild when we had him 12 years ago. I try to give him what he needs but it doesn't always mean he eats well when it is cold.Funnily enough he will often change his eating preferences to cooked carrot sticks when he's gone off everything else, which I feed him by hand. He's such a baby - like all males when they're feeling poorly!!
  2. Levi
    05-07-2012 09:51 AM
    Levi
    It sounds like Trot is an entertaining chap, Dotty is only really interested in eating, basking and sleeping.
    This terrible weather isn't helping either, she is acting like it is October and hibernation is just around the corner. She as her own little conservatory outside with a basking lamp etc but unfortunately I can't replicate the sun and a proper summer and she is getting a little depressed.
  3. amph55
    04-07-2012 04:51 PM
    amph55
    Yes Trot is really active. Did n't know what we were letting ourseves in for. Have to have all the borders secure as he ikes to trot around! What does your Dotty like to do mostly?
  4. Levi
    27-06-2012 11:25 AM
    Levi
    Trot looks lovely, they are around the same age then as Dotty was about 10cm in 1978. Trot looks like he is a typical active male, I think girls like mine can be a little lazy.
  5. amph55
    27-06-2012 10:42 AM
    amph55
    Your Dotty looks like a female version of my Trot. He is a gracia spur thigh and is 37 years old. You can see him on my profile, but only have him in his compound. Amph 55