Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #61
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Absolutely, couldn't agree more. The media just want a good story and sell papers.
Indeed, neglecting good old truth and fact in the process

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #62
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I always wondered if both those boys were bad or if it was just one and the other was scared of him and just got drawn into it.
We lived in the shadow of Robert Black who murdered 4 schoolgirls, one abducted from down the road from me. She was being allowed by her mum to walk home for the first time. All of our children in this area were not allowed out to play with the same freedom as we ourselves had as children because nobody knew if it was a local who had done this or not. He was by chance captured years later with a girl tied up in his van which he travelled the country in and is suspected of many more unsolved missing children cases including ones in Europe. Would I think it terrible if someone murdered this person in prison? No. There will always be those who will say two wrongs don't make a right or this man can be rehabilitated etc but mostly it has not been their children who have been murdered or their relatives who have been kidnapped and beheaded
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #63
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I always wondered if both those boys were bad or if it was just one and the other was scared of him and just got drawn into it.
We lived in the shadow of Robert Black who murdered 4 schoolgirls, one abducted from down the road from me. She was being allowed by her mum to walk home for the first time. All of our children in this area were not allowed out to play with the same freedom as we ourselves had as children because nobody knew if it was a local who had done this or not. He was by chance captured years later with a girl tied up in his van which he travelled the country in and is suspected of many more unsolved missing children cases including ones in Europe. Would I think it terrible if someone murdered this person in prison? No. There will always be those who will say two wrongs don't make a right or this man can be rehabilitated etc but mostly it has not been their children who have been murdered or their relatives who have been kidnapped and beheaded
I agree Alan. My dad was a psychiatric nurse and worked with many child murderers, rapists and paedophiles. He is absolutely insistent that paedophiles can not be rehabilitated.

I'm familiar with Robert Black. He's prime suspect for the disappearance of a little girl in Devon called Genette Tate in 1978. They don't have enough evidence to charge him though and a b'stard like him won't ever admit to anything to at least give the victims' families a little closure in knowing perhaps what happened and be able to attempt to locate a body.

You can see the evil in his eyes. His photo makes me go cold inside. We pay our taxes to feed people like him and keep them clothed and housed in prison. A man like him could never be released so it's hardly worth thinking about his total cost to society for the years he's been in prison and the years he'll remain in there.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #64
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Yes I was aware of that one in 1978 too Emma, we all followed every single thing that was written about him. He won't ever get released but as you say, from prison he still has power of sorts over the parents of those who have never been found. It breaks my heart every time I cross the bridge where little Susan was abducted, thinking how terrified she would have been.

People are entitled to say it's wrong to want to see the back of people like that if they wish, it's not my view though
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #65
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Yes I was aware of that one in 1978 too Emma, we all followed every single thing that was written about him. He won't ever get released but as you say, from prison he still has power of sorts over the parents of those who have never been found. It breaks my heart every time I cross the bridge where little Susan was abducted, thinking how terrified she would have been.

People are entitled to say it's wrong to want to see the back of people like that if they wish, it's not my view though
No, mine neither.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #66
becciwales
Adult

Quote:

Mine neither!

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #67
Catwoman63
Adult

See scum like Robert black should not lbreath the same air as decent people, now I would be glad to see people like that murdered cruelly x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote