Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
AlfieSilver
Egg

Default Lost Hermann's in Devon.

Hello, I lost my lovely 12 year old boy from my garden back in the summer.
We did all the obvious things, leaflets ,posters, told the vets and pet shops etc.
My neighbour saw him in his garden but didn't grab him(!!) and we live in a cul-de-sac with enclosed gardens all around, so I really thought he would have turned up by now.
If anyone hears of a found tort in Paignton, could you let me know? also does anyone know if a vet would scan for a chip if someone came in with a new toroise?
Many thanks.
AlfieSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Mrs Frog
Adult

I really hope you find him,he may have dug down so there is a good chance he will be found,yes vets do check chips,good luck with your search
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
AlfieSilver
Egg

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm sure he will turn up. I have a feeling someone has him which is why I hope the vets check for ID chips. We all miss him so will keep all fingers crossed!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
alley cat
Adult

Have you tried contacting the Devon Tortoise Group? they rehome torts that have been found in the area.
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
AlfieSilver
Egg

No, thanks for the tip, I will try to find a contact for them. I had assumed that if he somehow found his way to people with a bit of tortoise knowledge he would be scanned and his owner traced but now I'm not so sure.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
tortydat
Sub Adult

The contact details for the Devon Tortoise Group are jennytortoise@live.co.uk and you should also contact John Hayward from the National Theft Register on jh@ntr.supanet.com who receives details of lots of lost and found tortoises. Good luck in finding him.
Mary
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
AlfieSilver
Egg

Many thanks for the replies and for the Devon Tortoise Group contact info, I could not find it anywhere. I will contact them and keep all fingers crossed.
Old 13-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #8
phoenix
Hatched

is this the same missing tort i posted about last month, i was told about it via facebook and posted on here with the very vauge details i was given, i did ask for more but never got a reply as two shops in winner street were ready to put posters in the windows, im in newton abbot so not far from you at all, i will keep my ear to the ground for you
Old 13-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
AlfieSilver
Egg

I'm not sure, it's not the Tort lost in Torquay. I am very close to Winner street though, could you remember any of the details you had? I did tell local pet shops but they may not have matched him. Many thanks.