Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 30-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
NiTrO
Egg

Question Any sugestions....?

I was wondering if any body could recomend some good bargains and ideas for housing and decorating for our Horsfield called Nitro?
Like plants, decor, stones etc.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thank you!
NiTrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
trulytortoises
Hatchling

Hi, in my tortoise's enclosure, ive got a half log at one end, for them to be able to hide/sleep in, or they even go in to cool off sometimes. ive also got a ceramic type water dish, quite a realistic look! ive put some little pebbles around the water dish to give abit more variety. i also have bits of cuttle fish in their enclosure as they are always nibbling on it. and finally i have a ceramic tile near where their light is, and they are forever bathing on it as it holds the heat. I would love to have some plants in mine, but im using pellett substrate at the mo. hope this helps abit.

1.1.0- THB- williow(f) & cavalli(m)
trulytortoises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Mrs Frog
Adult

This is mine

I got plants from B&Q 3 for £4,mini cactus from homebase,they had a little hamster house from pets at home and a turtle ornament from pets at home too,but i suppose the decoration was for our benefit not the torts

Last edited by Mrs Frog; 30-01-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
eliza
Hatched

Ive got afew rocks for Alfie to climb over can get big bags from B&Q quite cheap. Ive also got some winter pansies in for him to eat and afew other little plants for him. Make sure you put a hide in aswell. In the soil ive made afew tunnels for him. Hope this helps. The more things you put in the more your tort will have to keep him occupied
eliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
trulytortoises
Hatchling

wow! Jackie stone, i love your tortoise's home, its fab, looks really nice. Really love the tortoise lamp, where did you get it from? x

1.1.0- THB- williow(f) & cavalli(m)
trulytortoises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
NiTrO
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulytortoises View Post
Hi, in my tortoise's enclosure, ive got a half log at one end, for them to be able to hide/sleep in, or they even go in to cool off sometimes. ive also got a ceramic type water dish, quite a realistic look! ive put some little pebbles around the water dish to give abit more variety. i also have bits of cuttle fish in their enclosure as they are always nibbling on it. and finally i have a ceramic tile near where their light is, and they are forever bathing on it as it holds the heat. I would love to have some plants in mine, but im using pellett substrate at the mo. hope this helps abit.
Thanks for the help! its really appreciated!
Old 30-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
NiTrO
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza View Post
Ive got afew rocks for Alfie to climb over can get big bags from B&Q quite cheap. Ive also got some winter pansies in for him to eat and afew other little plants for him. Make sure you put a hide in aswell. In the soil ive made afew tunnels for him. Hope this helps. The more things you put in the more your tort will have to keep him occupied
After looking at your photo we are really impressed and thinking of doing something like that for ours! thanks for your help!
Old 30-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
NiTrO
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Stone View Post
This is mine

I got plants from B&Q 3 for £4,mini cactus from homebase,they had a little hamster house from pets at home and a turtle ornament from pets at home too,but i suppose the decoration was for our benefit not the torts
thank you for your help!!

Tags
decor, horsfield, housing, plants, surroundings