Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #31
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
Its funny though how other posts have not been so muddled and have been understandable... i give up trying to understand it

Knock yourself out... do what you like... they are your tortoises... and you won't take notice...

I give up trying to have my opinion here... but know what you are doing cannot have a good outcome... you could end up with a stressed female... and that is without other problems that can come along with a gravid tortoise... she could lay eggs... but they are unlikely to be fertile... so is it all really worth it... NO. If people want to condone this because it might result in a cool looking animal... thats up to them... but i'd rather not risk it personaly and be landed with a load of hybrid tortoises... that apparently nobody will want.
Well for what its worth I am with you on this one Stells, but I think it is falling on deaf ears with the OP who seems to have only wanted a debate, not advise, however it has been interesting for others to consider so not a wasted effort!

I also think that the variable ability of the OP to speak/write English is questionable, my suspision, is that EJ has an alter ego, as I have already stated, (although he chose to ignore that comment interestingly!) when does he ever not defend himself?
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #32
EJ
Adult

Once again... the OP never asked if their action was proper or not. They only asked if there could be a result of the mating.

Once again... the debate was started by those who don't believe it is proper to mix species... which was never a question in this post.

As to me needing an alter ego... do I really need another to contend with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
Well for what its worth I am with you on this one Stells, but I think it is falling on deaf ears with the OP who seems to have only wanted a debate, not advise, however it has been interesting for others to consider so not a wasted effort!

I also think that the variable ability of the OP to speak/write English is questionable, my suspision, is that EJ has an alter ego, as I have already stated, (although he chose to ignore that comment interestingly!) when does he ever not defend himself?
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #33
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

As to me needing an alter ego... do I really need another to contend with?
Just tell the truth.

I have checked out what time burger started new threads and they are not consistant with UK time!
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #34
EJ
Adult

Yea. It was me. I really do need an alter ego to start heated debates and I'm so frightened to do it under my own persona.

Quote:
Just tell the truth.

I have checked out what time burger started new threads and they are not consistant with UK time!
and
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #35
pagan queen
Adult

Could the eggs be too big for the tortoise to pass?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #36
EJ
Adult

They were passed even though they were cracked.

Most tortoises have a hinge of sorts. I'm guessing that the hinge needs to be stretched on occasion. If it has not been worked much it will probably be stiff. The tortoise body should adapt to its needs.

I'll try and dig up some amazing photos of the size of the tortoise eggs that can be passed in relation to the size of the tortoise.

The obvious that comes to mind is Egyptians, Flattails, Spiders and Stars along with Pancakes... although they are quite flexible to begin with.

... I also get the feeling we either crossed or jumped posts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Could the eggs be too big for the tortoise to pass?
and
Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
burger
Egg

EJ was right! English isn't my 1st language , but guys EJ is EJ ! burger is another person! I'm in the uk where near Middlesbrough ! why people debate ?? that because this is interesting for us ! why not discuss about it ? why when some one talking about something like that there always somebody come out and shouting NO!! but you have telling the points why not , its like maybe 1000s year ago, first person who brought back a baby wolf home and try keep it like pets, but thousands people said NO! because wolf is wild animal it's danger it may kill someone . than 1000s years after, everyone agreed this " dogs is mans best friend"
Quote:
Originally Posted by burger View Post
hi EJ!

i don't think there will be any health problem for them, they are all CB and had them since yearly hatchling , and they are always live in same garden in the summer and never had any problem for last 6years.

when mr star mounted ms herman and start to shaking his body i always try to look close, so far still can't see any into it yet, but getting improve if compare with 2 weeks ago, he always got right place now, or he may done it already! who know...

so how big the chance ms herman laying the eggs ?
Quote:
Just tell the truth.

radiated 0.0.3
burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #38
EJ
Adult

I would so love an Indian... Japanese... English... Irish... Scotch... mistress...
and
Old 18-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #39
burger
Egg

haha!! my 1st language not in your list EJ! but hope you still loving it . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I would so love an Indian... Japanese... English... Irish... Scotch... mistress...
radiated 0.0.3
burger is offline   Reply With Quote