Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 31-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #21
Joey
Egg

I hope they don't decide to sell reptiles again! We had a store in Lincolnshire that used to do reptiles a number of years ago but stopped and stocked in more birds instead, I think it would be a step in the wrong direction if there were to go back to reptiles as I would wonder about what kind of supplier they would use if some of their other animals are any thing to go by
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #22
Saxamania
Egg

Send a message via MSN to Saxamania

I hope they dont sell tortoises cos if the state the fish are in is anything to go by then there will be ill n dead tortoises everywhere. Every time i go into the store there are dead fish in the tanks and i've bought fish from there that they said were healthy but have had whitespot and have infected and killed all the other fish in my tank. Please lets try and do something about this i couldnt bear to see people buyin tortoises on impulse and not researching and planning the arrival of their new friend first.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #23
jo__
Incubating

The reptile situation used to be the same...if I remember I was told they stopped selling reptiles due to lack of knowledge and therefore high mortality rates!! So why they would want to reintroduce this is crazy!!!
Jo x
jo__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #24
saucysqueezy
Incubating

saxamania I must agree the fish that lasted me the longest was when I was younger and won it on hook the duck, it lived 6 years! Whereas a lot of the fish I have bought recently have coped a few months tops - I don't know if the people pets at home and some of the local breeders in my area are getting them from are the same as they all have white spot or fish rot which develops within a few weeks - it's infuriating
Old 01-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #25
Pitcorthie
Hatched

I shall bear this in mind regards the fish.I have just set a new fish tank up so will be getting some fish soon.As I bought the tank from there I was given £15.00 worth of vouchers to buy fish.If the fish are like that it won't be worth using them and infecting my tank so thanks for mentioning that

Sharon
Pitcorthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #26
rodneypig
Incubating

Not wanting to go too far off the subject but white spot and fin rot are both really easy to treat, white spot is really common in new additions to tanks as it is caused by stress. Usually from the trip home or simply cos little kids spend all day banging the tanks in shops and no one tells them off!
Use WS3 it's really good!!!!
rodneypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #27
SCiARA
Incubating

Hey Pitcorthie, here's my set up:
http://forums.shelledwarriors.co.uk/...hp?p=3983#3983

what type of fish are you thinking of getting?

actually, maybe we should continue in the Other Animals section............

3 female Hermanni Boettgeri 2 5yr & 1 6yr olds
SCiARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #28
saucysqueezy
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneypig
Not wanting to go too far off the subject but white spot and fin rot are both really easy to treat, white spot is really common in new additions to tanks as it is caused by stress. Usually from the trip home or simply cos little kids spend all day banging the tanks in shops and no one tells them off!
Use WS3 it's really good!!!!
It is easy that is true, the only problem I had a massive outbreak of white spot overnight and it took 3 days to clear and once it had done my larger fish's tail was ragged and stringy, I felt so sorry for it. I must admit I found it harder to spot fin rot the second time round - it killed off all my fish in two days but yes back on topic lol
Old 13-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #29
fi_fi
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to fi_fi

we have a pets at home opening up in our town in the next few weeks / months in a new retail park that was built - i would be very interested to know if these will bother putting bird cages in or just go straight to the option of reptial storage!!

i will let you know if i see lorry loads of viv's going in!!
fi_fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #30
saucysqueezy
Incubating

my response from pets at home when I contacted them:

Hi Becky

We haven’t any plans to sell reptiles, in some of our stores we are starting to sell stick insects, hermit crabs, axol otls, Clawed Frogs, Shrimps, Cray fish and Giant Lop rabbits.

Our opening hours for each store can be found on the store locator feature on the website. Generally they are opening from 9-8 Monday to Friday 9-6 on Saturday and varying times on Sunday.

Kind Regards

Sophie Bonham

Pets at Home

0870 194 3681