Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Wanted

Old 07-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Kighill
Incubating

Default Wanted Futterpflanzen

I know it is a long shot but I would like a copy of Futterpflanzen by Wolfgang WEGEHAUPT. The book is in German but is recommended for plant identification.

I have ordered Wolfgangs book on Naturalistic Keeping and Breeding of Hermann Tortoise and would like this to compliment it.
If you have a copy looking for a new home please let me know.
Thank you
Kighill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
Kirkie
Adult

You should be able to get a copy from his website

http://www.shopssl.de/epages/es37922...223/Products/3
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I'm sure it's a realy good book. But wolfgang has most likely written it in the context of either Mediterranean plants or the plants of Germany and central Europe.

Both those regions have a totally different flora to what we get in the UK. Germany has over 3 times as many plant species as the UK and the Mediterranean countries even more. The book might be full of plants that won't grow in the UK.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
Kighill
Incubating

Thank you for both posts, I have seen the book on Wolfgangs website and bought the first book from him. The problem seems to be that I have lost or mislaid my wallet.
I have not seen it since I informed my wife of the total investment I have made in purchasing my tortoise
I am sure it will turn up just before our next anniversary (now that's a thought for a little gift for me)
I was just hoping that I may of dropped onto a copy and manage to save a few pounds. How often are we told having purchchasing an item "oh, why did you not say, I have just thrown/sold/given away that very thing"
I have seen a booklet on plants on another website and ordered some seeds off here via eBay so should manage ok.
It will either be an anniversary gift or one from Santa, ok sorry, I know it is a little early for Santa.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
CherryBrandy
Adult

The hermanns book cost me £34 odd a few years ago. It was v good but think they may have seen me coming ! The telegraph weed book was excellent but I then found the internet is far superior to any weed book - pictures galore and can cross reference well. If it is any good Kighill please do give us some feedback or critique wont you , be really useful for future. CB
Old 08-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #6
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kighill View Post
Thank you for both posts, I have seen the book on Wolfgangs website and bought the first book from him. The problem seems to be that I have lost or mislaid my wallet.
I have not seen it since I informed my wife of the total investment I have made in purchasing my tortoise
I am sure it will turn up just before our next anniversary (now that's a thought for a little gift for me)
I was just hoping that I may of dropped onto a copy and manage to save a few pounds. How often are we told having purchchasing an item "oh, why did you not say, I have just thrown/sold/given away that very thing"
I have seen a booklet on plants on another website and ordered some seeds off here via eBay so should manage ok.
It will either be an anniversary gift or one from Santa, ok sorry, I know it is a little early for Santa.
Big big mistake never let them know how much you spend on tortoises if my other half had any idea as to what I spent I would of had my bits cut off with a rusty knife a long time ago
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
Kighill
Incubating

Ok, I have ordered two booklets from the U.K.
Edible Plant Collection Third Edition £5.50.
More Edible Plants £6.

Well ordered them for starters.

Ps Thank you for the tip, I have hidden all of the rusty knives!!!