Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #161
emma_mcraf
Adult

How are things, Gordon?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 07:55 PM   #162
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
How are things, Gordon?
Well today I feel ok apart from the hole in my tummy and a big 3 inch red hot peeling very sore patch at the side of it.

Just sat thinking what's going to happen next as there cant be much else could go wrong can it.!!!!
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #163
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well today I feel ok apart from the hole in my tummy and a big 3 inch red hot peeling very sore patch at the side of it.

Just sat thinking what's going to happen next as there cant be much else could go wrong can it.!!!!
Not great then!
Are you still having the hole packed? Hope they’re not still debriding it weekly.
I know it’s probably impossible to put any cream on the raw patch as you’re just having dressings removed and replaced all the time but hopefully things are improving slowly.
As for anything else...don’t tempt fate!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 17-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #164
Gordon
Adult

Yes its being packed every day Emma which is gross as for the area where the cellulitis is I can just about get cream on it but it's now also peeling but very sore.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #165
emma_mcraf
Adult

Oh dear, Gordon. It must feel like it’s never-ending for you right now.
Really hope there’ll be no more surgery required and it’ll start healing soon. What a palaver!
Hope you’re not feeling too bad in yourself and the sickness, pain and temperature are all manageable. x

Old 22-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #166
Gordon
Adult

Well doctors today as although the infection site is not as sore now I woke up sunday morning with it leaking everywhere all over the bed again so not happy.
The nurse has packed and dressed my wound and then cleaned and dressed my wound from the cellulitis which wont stop weeping so the wound is getting better slowly but now I'm leaking elsewhere to say I'm peed off is an understatement.

Also can I say a big thanks to you all for my get well cards you know who you are and it means a lot. Xx
Old 22-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #167
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Well doctors today as although the infection site is not as sore now I woke up sunday morning with it leaking everywhere all over the bed again so not happy.
The nurse has packed and dressed my wound and then cleaned and dressed my wound from the cellulitis which wont stop weeping so the wound is getting better slowly but now I'm leaking elsewhere to say I'm peed off is an understatement.

Also can I say a big thanks to you all for my get well cards you know who you are and it means a lot. Xx
It must be taking a lot of mental strength to be getting through this, Gordon. I’m so relieved to read the soreness has eased but the weeping wounds must be unbearable.
“Peed off” has to be the understatement of the year!
What a long and drawn out process this is for you. Keep being a patient patient!

Hope you have a packed house full of cards and goodies. You deserve it all after the year you’ve had thus far!

Old 22-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #168
Gordon
Adult

It's a bit of a Ground Hog day Emma.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #169
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
It's a bit of a Ground Hog day Emma.
I’ll say!

Old 23-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #170
tortydat
Sub Adult

Good to see you today Gordon and pleased that you looked a lot better so hope you are heading in the right direction at last. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote