Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #71
Pussygalore
Adult

there are still many owners new and old that won't feed pellets, many new owners only feed a few lettuce leaves and the odd dandelion, I can't beleive that a poor diet like that and the odd sprinkling of a supplement is enough to not provide a uv source. Many of the poorly torts that do find their way to the forums have been kept without uv of any source so I still think you have to be very carefull before suggesting an alternative way of keeping them. Some new owners only pick up bits of imformation and without the whole knowledge I beleive could do harm if they simply don't replace their strip or bulb, maybe to save money, thats what I mean about suggesting another way without all of the imformation. If this way works then perhaps a care sheet type thread with all the imfo might be a good idea, one thing of interest do the TT ever use this method? I know they don't or didn't aprove of pellets. Another thing its been said that many don't use uv I don't know of many members on here that don't so would be interested to know how many do use this method, maybe a poll would be a good idea.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #72
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I never tried any of that tasteless low fat sh*t, Utterly Butterly is as far from butter as I go

there's a bulb called Vitalux as well, made by Osram
I use these. They are very popular in the Zoo community. the correct name though is Ultra vitalux. However, they are usually only supplied at 300 w so are only suitable for the larger set ups.
Geomyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #73
Kirkie
Adult

A response to an email I sent to the manufacturers of Nutrobal.

A. We recommend that you use all of our vitamins including Nutrobal within 6 months once they have been opened.

Q. I have a question regarding your nutrobal product. I've read a lot about degredation of vitamins in (human) suppliments and was wondering if there is a recommended timescale in which the product should be used and remains effective once opened? As a keeper of reptiles I'm specifically interested in the lifespan of the Vitamin D3 in your product.

Doesn't really answer my question but someone might find it useful.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote