Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #121
EJ
Adult

Very wise and good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Like steph i also think that standards are applied unevenly. I personally have found ways of dealing with excessively robust posts but there can be no doubt that some people are dispensible whilst one particular other acts with impunity because he has thirty years experience. The list owner has decided he won't change and so it's alright. But giving too much attention reinforces the behaviour so I ignore it.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 19-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #122
Steph37
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
No it wasn't directed at the OP... it was directed at the people throwing the insults... and taking the thread OT

Thanks Alan
Sorry-well whoever it was directed at-doesnt change the principle. And it IS personal-you only need to follow the chat that's just ended-possibly wiser kept for PM!

Last edited by Steph37; 19-01-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 19-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #123
EJ
Adult

Wow... that's probably the most agressive I've seen in this thread.
Could have possibly followed their own advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph37 View Post
Sorry-well whoever it was directed at-doesnt change the principle. And it IS personal-you only need to follow the chat that's just ended-possibly wiser kept for PM!
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 20-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #124
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Like steph i also think that standards are applied unevenly. I personally have found ways of dealing with excessively robust posts but there can be no doubt that some people are dispensible whilst one particular other acts with impunity because he has thirty years experience. The list owner has decided he won't change and so it's alright. But giving too much attention reinforces the behaviour so I ignore it.
I agree with all this
Old 20-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #125
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph37 View Post
I for one have huge admiration for the time and money the moderators give to this forum and for the personal advice and support you all give for individuals, however trivial our enuiries may sometimes be. However, I belong to several disability forums where people have many more viable 'excuses' for bullying, i.e extreme pain and degenerative neurological conditions and their posts are always moderated-it doesnt matter whether they are experts with decades of knowledge or a new user with an innocent question that others could answer without thinking but ALL are treated equally.
I think it is downright unfair for Ros....(sorry cant rmember OP's username) to be 'warned' for expressing opinions, albeit frankly (and bravely in my opinion) and 'other' is allowed to be abusive time and time again. And, if you look back, you know exactly WHO will get an abusive or provicative reply-some can say the same thing and get no comment, a group of others are predetermined to get an abusive reply and nothing is done. And if you look back to a previous post-to cite one of very many examples, an owner was told that of course their tortoise was 'looking sad about lack of food' because it was and I quote (from memory) I'm not surprised being abused like that'. Isnt that a direct attack on someone's views? (which apparantly never happens)
Do the moderators feel unable to fulfil their roles through fear off retaliation? I have huge respect for the things people say, but not the way in which they say it and with honest respect for all the moderators, I think that everyone should be treated equally, and this currently isnt happening. With sincere thanks for what you do do, and with support for any equality of treatment that you decide in the future to give. If anyone disagrees with this, I would be only too pleased to know if I am out of order! Steph
and all this
Old 20-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #126
Pussygalore
Adult

are you leaving us chris? that would be a shame
Old 20-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #127
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
are you leaving us chris? that would be a shame
Sorry Ann what gave you that idea !!, no im not leaving , dont really understand what this has to do with hibernation

Last edited by NATURALIS; 20-01-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 20-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #128
Anita Sayles
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Anita Sayles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red foot marg View Post
Sorry Ann what gave you that idea !!, no im not leaving
Good, a member with years of experience is hard to come by, you would be missed Chris
Old 20-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #129
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Right, I'm sick of this. The team AND Kelly do their job to the best of their ability. We are not perfect but we do the best we can. Just because you don't see someone reprimanded here on your screen doesn't mean that things aren't being done behind the scene.

Steps ARE taken when we recieve a complaint, it may not be what a single perosn would do but that is why we have a TEAM, to discuss the problem and try to work out the best way to deal with things.

We DO value all of our members, whether they have lots of experience or not, but we will NOT be pushed into making a decision by a select few, just because they feel they know best. They often do not have the whole picture, they do not see the balancing act we try to achieve.

I am now locking this.. If anyone wants to add to this they will have to start a new thread.