Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 29-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
GHOME
Egg

Unbelievable bought another Hermann from the same Breeder this afternoon and you guessed it, after an hour in the Outside Run i introduced the new Tortoise and it went nuts trying to eat all the food I put out for the day.

With it being taken from the rest of the Tortoises I had a funny feeling it was fretting so I am now watching to see if it has a poo because I have only seen 1 poo in 4 weeks so I will have to be extra vigilant not to get the two tortoise poos mixed up and also do regular weight checks.

Thanks everyone that replied
Regards
Gary
GHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #12
Tortoiselover123
Egg

Exclamation Help me! My Herman tortoise is not eating, not moving much and his shell is soft.

Hi, I purchased two tortoises from a breeder like about 2 years ago, then suddenly one has gone really ill recently. He has NOT been eating his food, his shell has gone really soft and he is not moving much at all, please help! I need some advise, I have tried quite a lot of things, but they are hardly making a difference! Please get back to me ASAP.
Thank you 😊
Tortoiselover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #13
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Hi Tortoiselover. Firstly I think this tortoise needs to be seen by a vet. Secondly it would be helpful to know how you have been keeping the tortoise. What temperatures and set-up have you provided etc.

Is this tortoise sharing a space with the healthy one? Might be adviseable to separate them.

Last edited by Ozric Jonathan; 06-02-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Ozric Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:09 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

If the shell is pliable after 2 years it is likely he hasn't been getting adequate UV. I'm afraid this could result in kidney damage also, and other ailments and can become irreversible and fatal. Straight off to the vets if can and if possible as Jonathan says details about set up so we can all support you. (appreciate your posts will be delayed as new member). CB