Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2019, 10:01 AM   #111
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
What a awful time of it you have had. Have they said what recovery period it should have been? we can give you suggestions on Netflix but it must be driving you mad not being well, so sorry to hear it Gordon.
Friday Night Dinner may make you laugh - my favourite is Wilson in it.
And only 200 days until Christmas....hope I cheered you up x x
They originally said for keyhole surgery 2-4 weeks then when I had the opp it became 4-6 weeks which we have now reached and now they are saying another 4 weeks just for the internal to heal so who knows.
As for watching TV and something to laugh at that's not a good idea as it hurts to much so I'm recording as many documentaries etc on sky and then get to watch them in the early hours when I'm up.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #112
tortydat
Sub Adult

What about the cricket world cup, French open tennis (soon be Wimbledon as well), women and men's football not to mention the darts you know you love all this!!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #113
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
What about the cricket world cup, French open tennis (soon be Wimbledon as well), women and men's football not to mention the darts you know you love all this!!
Mary you know I'm more likely to take up knitting than watch sport.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #114
tortydat
Sub Adult

Perhaps you should change your ways over the next few weeks to make the time pass quicker!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:15 AM   #115
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Perhaps you should change your ways over the next few weeks to make the time pass quicker!
I cant change my ways anymore than I have.
If I was to start watching sports etc I might as well give in.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #116
emma_mcraf
Adult

How did it go today, Gordon? Hope the consultant had some better news and the nurse was gentle. Is there any sign of the infection improving? I’ve had my fingers crossed for you. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #117
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
How did it go today, Gordon? Hope the consultant had some better news and the nurse was gentle. Is there any sign of the infection improving? I’ve had my fingers crossed for you. x
Well it seems to be healing she couldn't quite get her finger right in up to the hilt so that's good still looking at having Henry Hoover attached for another two weeks possibly .
So far all looking good on the infection side but it did hurt a lot when she changed it to a point my daughter said I squealed lol.
There is one other thing I have a lump just under my right man Boob that is getting bigger but the surgeon said there is a slight chance it could be another hernia or fluid buildup but nothing to worry about just keep an eye on it and it will more than likely go on it's own as it's in one of the port holes where they went in.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:25 AM   #118
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well it seems to be healing she couldn't quite get her finger right in up to the hilt so that's good still looking at having Henry Hoover attached for another two weeks possibly .
So far all looking good on the infection side but it did hurt a lot when she changed it to a point my daughter said I squealed lol.
There is one other thing I have a lump just under my right man Boob that is getting bigger but the surgeon said there is a slight chance it could be another hernia or fluid buildup but nothing to worry about just keep an eye on it and it will more than likely go on it's own as it's in one of the port holes where they went in.
Well that sounds a bit better; like something positive is changing in there. Nightmare having to have the drain and pump still but if it’s doing its job...embrace Henry. Good to name the old chap!

Bet your daughter is being very supportive. She sounds like me; I’m not squeamish and I’ve seen big wounds cleared. I’m one of those weirdos that watches cysts being removed on YouTube!
Is she planning on a career as a nurse do you think?

Hope you haven’t got another hernia and that lump will go on it’s own without any more palaver. When are you back for the next dressing change?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #119
Gordon
Adult

Ha ha she was the other side of the curtain with her mother it was my youngest this time the older one is the one who stands there taking pictures I'm sure if they said she could of gone into theatre she would of been there clicking away.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #120
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Ha ha she was the other side of the curtain with her mother it was my youngest this time the older one is the one who stands there taking pictures I'm sure if they said she could of gone into theatre she would of been there clicking away.
Sounds like a forensic photographer in the making....