Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
example999
Egg

Thank you for all your advice. I did not really want to set up a sanctuary as i think this prohibits the amount of torts which can be helped.

Thanks,
example999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by example999 View Post
Thank you for all your advice. I did not really want to set up a sanctuary as i think this prohibits the amount of torts which can be helped.

Thanks,
Just remember its not just small tortoises that need rehoming, it will be sulcatas and leopards too, which both need a lot of space.
Also tropical species too. And turtles:0)
Mary is brilliant, and does not get enough recognition for all the hard work she does:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
example999
Egg

I am up to the challenge.
example999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Scute Recruit
Egg

Hi, I work at a zoo and we are constantly offered tortoises for the collection which of course the zoo cannot take. These are usually older, larger types who have belonged to elderly owners for years and who can no long take care of them. My facilities have been inspected by our curator of reptiles and the zoo is happy to pass on enquiries to me at the moment but I will be joining up with a bigger rescue as I cannot cope with the amount of animals in this area. I have been offered 4 this month. People are also given alternative rescue information when they phone as well as my details. I have managed by rehoming to friends and trusted neighbours so far.
Make contact with your local rescue group and you nearest zoo and get talking to people who already do it. There are a lot of animals in need of help out there but there is a limit to what any one person can do on their own.
Scute Recruit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
herman's tortoise, horsefield tortoise, rehoming, rescue, tortoises