Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #21
shelley
Hatchling

Wow, they have worked well haven't they. We wouldn't get that much done in a day!!

Mum to three Newfoundlands, two Cocker Spaniels, one German Shepherd, 9 Chinchillas, and 4 Hermann's and 2 Leopards... Tortoises that is!

http://pic2.piczo.com/GalaxybearsNewfoundlands
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #22
tortoise_dude

Glad to see them to get a chance out of that garage of yours an getting some UV-

What will happen to womble though? I mean, does he have any part of the garden to toilet in?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #23
converted

just curious Josh .... have you ever been to Sarah's before and seen the AMAZING setup that she has in her 'garage' (more T-Rex's than you can imagine) also I do wish that you would think before you post 'sarcastic' things, this is why you can upset people very easily!

Sarah's torts have been out loads this year all ready in an area that isn't shown in the photo - these are just more permanent eclosures.

I am not not talking on behalf of Sarah as i'm sure that she will be along later!

Steve
Old 07-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #24
imported_Lowe
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to imported_Lowe

Those photos don't show the whole garden Josh - there's also a patio, though Womble will have the centre section for doing his business.

We managed to get the entire left hand side finished last night in terms of the actual boarding up. More wood on the way for the Reds side, it's going to be 20" high so needs double reinforcement. I need to clean out the offcuts now, and Sarah can begin the planting and 'landscaping'. By the end of Tuesday the actual enclosures themselves will be finished.
imported_Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #25
terrypin
Adult

the enclosures look great and should last for years it just shows what can be done with a little planning and a lot of effort i hope the torts eppreciate you .im sure if womble is the dog in the photos he cant be to much trouble mine weighs 50 kilos and wants to help me with everything then he takes my tools into the house(meanwhile im looking everywhere for my hammer) to show my wife how clever he is.
terry
Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #26
piglet
Adult

Sarah/Andy
They are great new permantent enclosures far easier for you to maintain than the temporay ones you have been using for the beginning of the year .

They are just in time for the summer , I can't believe how much you both have achieved over the winter in your new home well done on the tortoise enclosures .

Terry your dog sounds as bad as my greyhound he robs everything we find alsorts in the back field that has strangly gone missing

Darren

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #27
tortoise_dude

Quote:
just curious Josh .... have you ever been to Sarah's before and seen the AMAZING setup that she has in her 'garage' (more T-Rex's than you can imagine) also I do wish that you would think before you post 'sarcastic' things, this is why you can upset people very easily!
Still, Indoor enclosures, even with T-rexs will not lead to a healthy tortoise- they *need* outdoor space to get alot of UV, more than a lamp can give out.

Thanks for clearing that up Lowe- Im sure womble will love his own little space Our dog has now got his own part of the garden fenced in so that he doesn't go on the lawn and near the torts enclosures.

He has a large decking for himself.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #28
piglet
Adult

Josh as you know Sarah and Andy have only moved to this house over the winter period getting the house sorted and the indoor areas was the priority then as you see the enclosures for outdoor living are the second fase of there tortoise husbandry which is now almost finished for the right time of year,

Trex are nothing to what can be gained from outdoor living agreed but this time of year uvb strength from the sun isn't great so the lights suffice as an extra source till they are out more permantently with the oncoming better weather.

D

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #29
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

They are starting to take shape really well, I like the way you are doing the edging of the enclosures. I must crack on with my new enclosures before summer hits us.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #30
tortoise_dude

I didn't notice the edging at first- but its great