Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 13-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona_tortoise View Post
hello i have two beautiful hermanns rocco & peppe. im wondering what would be better as a supplement im lucky enought to live in in area where im always able to get some weeds except for a couple of days a week when i work long shifts. im not that keen on supermarket food i think they proberly have to much chemicals in them.
Finding a supply of good wild plant's is ok, plantain is a good fibre plant, a day missed feeding is not a bad thing. Pellet's fed i would use with common sense a guide is 1-2% of body weight twice a week if used as a main diet, about once a week if used to supplement your other food's, Komodo and some other's are called complete so no added supplement given with these, limestone flour sprinkled or offered with other food's.
Old 14-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Aidan25
Banned
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 shells View Post
Finding a supply of good wild plant's is ok, plantain is a good fibre plant, a day missed feeding is not a bad thing. Pellet's fed i would use with common sense a guide is 1-2% of body weight twice a week if used as a main diet, about once a week if used to supplement your other food's, Komodo and some other's are called complete so no added supplement given with these, limestone flour sprinkled or offered with other food's.
What do you mean, 16 shells? "twice a week if used as a main diet"? Does that mean you feed the pellets twice a week and nothing else on the other days?
Aidan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

If feeding pellet's no more than twice a week is nescessary on the complete one's like Komodo, T Rex ect, fill in the other day's with weed's/plant's, Rommaine, bagged salad ect.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
iona_tortoise
Incubating

thankyou 16 shell iv took you advice and went and got komodo dandilion flavoured pelets which il use on my long shifts which is only twice a week so it works out perfect. the rest of the week i get fresh weeds daily.
iona_tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet, dried, pellets