Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 23-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #11
vikki
Hatched

They are very pretty when they all come through - there is a big roundabout not too far from me and they apparently used a wildflower seed mix on it and it looked brilliant (wish I had taken a picture) and very good for butterflies etc. - I think it can be things like poppies that may be a problem but worth checking out on the Tortoise table site to be sure
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #12
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Vikki no I didn't, so thanks. luckily for me I did check the contents and would say the majority I thought were ok. It was an impromptu buy months ago but will cross reference some of them im not sure on - Can't see they will all come up and usually the grass is full of weed and clover but thought I would try it. CB
Herbie seed do a mix that was put together by a reputable tort keeper with loads of fieldwork with tortoises. It's the med tort mix. They also do one for leopards too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #13
CherryBrandy
Adult

Sandy !! I checked out on line and before I get visited by the local bobby is it the 'I am over 18 and (have to) press accept'.......people have different lifestyles website called herbies seeds that do the mix !!

Too early morning ! , was just checking options but SW seeds are brill bought from well known auction site....just the birds have flown in from alfred Hitchcock this year. CB

Last edited by CherryBrandy; 24-08-2015 at 11:44 AM.
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki View Post
They are very pretty when they all come through - there is a big roundabout not too far from me and they apparently used a wildflower seed mix on it and it looked brilliant (wish I had taken a picture) and very good for butterflies etc. - I think it can be things like poppies that may be a problem but worth checking out on the Tortoise table site to be sure
Poppies ! see above !

Sticking with clover and natural next year ! CB x