Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 07-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #101
fluffythetort
Incubating

im sat here crying thank you for you offers but i would feel so cheeky

i just wish i knew where she was hopfuly i will find her before the vets tomorrow and i can take her with us
Old 07-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #102
fluffythetort
Incubating

no still no sign

we have found pieces of shell and thats it
Old 07-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #103
fluffythetort
Incubating

fluffys doing really well we have put him in a clean container under hes heat lamp and he keeps trying to climb out lol, hes eating, drinking and marching around so fingers crossed the vet said it was a good sign

thanks tortmad for recomending him xx
Old 07-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #104
Tortlover
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to Tortlover

Dont give up hope Keep looking x
Tortlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #105
Madhouse
Sub Adult

Awww sweetheart I wish there was something practical I could do to help you, I really do - I'm sending you a big virtual hug cos we all need one sometimes don't we. Its a shame my arms arent longer cos then you could have a real one.

PS - And dont be so daft about people offering to help - please let us cos we feel very helpless and its peoples way of saying, I'd like to help you.
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #106
Madhouse
Sub Adult

I think sometimes peoples passions and beliefs come across as judgemental. Personally I have a son who has learning difficulties, ADHD, OCD & Aspergers Autism and his understanding of things is not always on par with his age - he's 15 now and 5ft 11" and doing brillianty but we've been out with him on numerous occasions when he's been frightened, scared, anxious etc etc maybe thumping or kicking me or rolling around on the floor and we're trying to calm him and hold him and make him feel safe and what do we get? We get stares and tutts and sworn at by complete strangers cos they are judging me there and then and deciding something about me. So now I refuse to judge you or anyone else - I couldnt even begin to know how you feel with four children and a husband with amnesia so no I try very hard not to judge anyone cos none of us know what goes on behind closed doors or in someone else head do we? Sorry Ive gone off at a tangent there but I just felt that I had to say what I've said. Take care
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #107
fluffythetort
Incubating

awwwww hun thanks very much can hardly see through the tears i really really hope we find her
Old 07-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #108
jamie
Egg

hello im new to the forum and would like to say im sorry for this tragic accident and cannot ever imagine what your feeling i hope everything works out and you find your other tortoise safe ,there seems a lot of people on here are trying to help you in a difficult situation,
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #109
piglet
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythetort
thank you very much darren that is very kind,

i have spoken to the vets and he is going to come out tomorrow and see fluffy he is happy to wait until then as fluffy is walking eating and drinking, he told me to keep putting savlon on him,

i love my torts very very much and i will do anything for them,

i tried to get him seen by the vets but they told me to phone back on monday that wasnt my fault, but i tried again and spoke to the vet himself,

please dont have ago at me im human just like everyone else i make mistakes but it doesnt mean i dont care.

what i do ask in future though if anyone does have a problem with something i have done or said please dont publicly bash or have a go at me have the decency to do it it in private by pm

Fluffy I will help you all I can ,I know you didnt mean for the dog to harm the tortoises its just one of those things that happens dont beat yourself up about it.

I do think though that people feel passionately about tortoises etc on here and I'm sure no one meant to be hurtful they just had the tortoises best interest at heart.
I would hate for you to give the animal up so help you out I will

D

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #110
fluffythetort
Incubating

thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me, i really do love my torts and i did what i can i locked them in the frontroom and the dog got in i couldnt do anything about it