Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
bernards mom
Sub Adult

i am really excited. my auntie has just picked me up the cold frame from lidls i cant wait till she drops it off so i can put it up. im all exctited now. woooo hooo
Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

I have to say I love Lidl and Aldi, the guarantee on electrical products are better than anywhere else. So you could buy a drill for £14 and if it broke before the third year you could have another one. I bought my husband a set of drill, sander, saw, screwdriver and torch with two battery packs and chargers for £24.99 and they are brilliant. ( I would like him to use them more mind ), but for that price and with that guarantee you can't go wrong.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #23
bernards mom
Sub Adult

well i have to say that my coldframe isnt very good. the poly panels are glued into the frame and the clue is rubbish they keep coming out. i didnt realsise how light they are. the lid keeps blowing up, so i have had to lay a piece of timber over it. but bernard has been out all this afternoon and stayed for the last have of it in his new house! by the time i got it fixed though the sun was hidden so it didnt get very warm in there. better luck tomorow. roll on summer!!!!!! 8)
Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #24
Pussygalore
Adult

I have a different one but its still plastic and very light, thats why I fixed them onto good thick wood at the bottom that seemed to stabalize the whole thing, just left a gap in the wood for tort to come and go, I think its on 5" x 2" timber i know its heavy. its also sat on paving slabs first.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #25
bernards mom
Sub Adult

at the moment i have placed it on bricks. 3 courses high. but was trying to think how i could fix it down. i think i will fix it to timber. i have just placed mine on grass do you think it is better having it on paving slabs then?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #26
Pussygalore
Adult

I wanted to put soil/sand in mine deep enough for them to bury themselves so having them on slabs meant I could clean the whole lot out easier it also made it more secure at night as they couldn't get out or anything get in, plus it stayed drier and didn't flood if it rained as they are slightley raised, ( the depth of the slabs ).
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #27
fi_fi
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to fi_fi

i got my cold frame today. Its not the most solid of things, but it will do to keep my tortoise friendly plants safe from the frost for now, and as a sun catcher when its warm enough to go in to the outdoor enclosure. I agree that something will need to be put on the lid to keep it shut if there is even a slight wind as the lid does not fit together overly well oh well...i will think of it as ventalation!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #28
bernards mom
Sub Adult

so do yours sleep in their at night then? from when do you start leaving them out over night and when do you start bringing them in again. do they have anything in there to sleep on or do they stay on the slabs?