Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #151
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Oh I haven’t been on here for a while, I’ve been completely absorbed by ancestry. Thingy. Tracing lots of family trees. I might be related to to Robert Peel, but that needs to be confirmed with actual paper work , ie birth certs etc. Glad to hear your getting there Gordon . Hope they whip it out soon.

It won’t be long now until it’s that time of year again when all the torts get up for another summer
Well I would of been a bit closer if the blooming stupid surgeons secretary had sent the refurral to John Radcliffe hospital two flipin weeks ago.
I just had a nagging feeling in my head to call them and was told it had not been done hmmmm.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #152
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Oh I haven’t been on here for a while, I’ve been completely absorbed by ancestry. Thingy. Tracing lots of family trees. I might be related to to Robert Peel, but that needs to be confirmed with actual paper work , ie birth certs etc. Glad to hear your getting there Gordon . Hope they whip it out soon.

It won’t be long now until it’s that time of year again when all the torts get up for another summer
ohhh let us know if you are related to a Peeler.. how wonderfully exciting. I wish I was related to Churchill, I love all that era of Churchill , Bobbies (peel) and suffragettes. I love the flappers. I did a tap dance once as a flapper , omg I am not sure I have ever shown so much flesh to so many strangers.

......mmm then again I did spend a lot of time in Indonesia.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #153
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
ohhh let us know if you are related to a Peeler.. how wonderfully exciting. I wish I was related to Churchill, I love all that era of Churchill , Bobbies (peel) and suffragettes. I love the flappers. I did a tap dance once as a flapper , omg I am not sure I have ever shown so much flesh to so many strangers.

......mmm then again I did spend a lot of time in Indonesia.
Robert peel (Bobbie) was a bit earlier than suffragettes etc, he was 1788- 1850
It’s really his father who is more of a direct ancestor, supposedly the first Robert peel 1st baronet, is my 6x great uncle , his sister is my 5x great grandmother. But I’m not convinced , it really needs confirming with a birth certificate. And her father was a chap called Robert “Parsley”Peel, he was and industrialist in the north in the early 1700s and owned one of the largest cotton mills in the north and pioneered printing on fabric, hence his nickname “Parsley” after a design of parsley he printed on calico. I could go on and on, I’ve managed to trace many trees back to the early 1500s .

Gordon life never runs in a straight line, some one else always f#*@s up, you’ll get there in the end .

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:29 PM   #154
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well I would of been a bit closer if the blooming stupid surgeons secretary had sent the refurral to John Radcliffe hospital two flipin weeks ago.
I just had a nagging feeling in my head to call them and was told it had not been done hmmmm.
I didn't see this ! You had similar to me also !! then told don't deal with emergencies when I followed it up and thought it wouldn't be another emergency if you had of done the paperwork !! love the NHS but its like getting to the moon by bus.

Suze, yes did know different times in history, but they are all so very interesting and revolutionary in their own rights. Perhaps Brexit will be the same in 100 years time to that generation......Did anyone see Brexit the uncivil war - loved it, what strategy.. It almost gave me some hope in the government ...which brings me back to Peel and there is a floor dedicated to him at Home office........ CB
Old 10-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #155
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
I didn't see this ! You had similar to me also !! then told don't deal with emergencies when I followed it up and thought it wouldn't be another emergency if you had of done the paperwork !! love the NHS but its like getting to the moon by bus.

Suze, yes did know different times in history, but they are all so very interesting and revolutionary in their own rights. Perhaps Brexit will be the same in 100 years time to that generation......Did anyone see Brexit the uncivil war - loved it, what strategy.. It almost gave me some hope in the government ...which brings me back to Peel and there is a floor dedicated to him at Home office........ CB
I saw Brexit the uncivil war, it was really interesting, I have to watch anything about politics cos my son is doing A level politics. I really hope it turns out I am related to the peels, it makes me feel very proud, they did a lot of good things, and were quite revolutionary for the times, parsley peel was a real entrepreneur, his son the 1st baronet, changed working conditions for children working in the mills, and of corse Robert Peel the PM, did a lot of good things. I agree all these times in politics are so interesting.
Sorry Claire I didn’t mean that you didn’t know your history

Old 11-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #156
CherryBrandy
Adult

We will have to call you Suze Easy Peel.

yes it could read I didn't know my history though in my one ! wait till Emma comes on it will be a mix of Sean Bean and Vikings history....EMMA I will shout Sean Bean wasn't a Viking....he was King of the North !!! on all counts....CB
Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #157
CherryBrandy
Adult

back in the eighties did you think 2019 seemed soooo far in the future? discuss.
Old 16-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #158
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
We will have to call you Suze Easy Peel.

yes it could read I didn't know my history though in my one ! wait till Emma comes on it will be a mix of Sean Bean and Vikings history....EMMA I will shout Sean Bean wasn't a Viking....he was King of the North !!! on all counts....CB
Sorry, not been on for a bit as I’m still nursing my hubby through pneumonia. He’s over the worst but still really tired. The antibiotics have finally reduced his ridiculously high temperature and his breathing is better than it was.

The mighty Bean would make a good Viking though, Clare!
I think we should make him King of the North anyway, coming from Sheffield.

Love history here! I did a family tree on my husband’s side and went back to 1492, Suze! I was so annoyed as I wanted to go back just one more generation into the reign of Richard III as I love the Plantagenet era and so wanted to say I traced an ancestor who lived through the Wars of the Roses. Just 7 years earlier!
Hope you continue to find lots of interesting things out. I uncovered the will of the last ascendant and the burial records and yet some of the more modern details were harder to source!

Gordon, I really hope things are moving now and you’ll be able to get that gallbladder out in the near future!
I’m sure the offer is still there from us all should you decide to let us whip it out for you.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #159
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
back in the eighties did you think 2019 seemed soooo far in the future? discuss.
Yes! I can’t believe it will be 2020 next year. That sounded so futuristic back in the eighties.
I have a feeling the first terminator movie was based on the 2020’s. I guess we are almost run by machines. The younger generation certainly are as they’re surgically attached to their phones!
And haven’t we surpassed the year for the future in Back to the Future?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #160
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sorry, not been on for a bit as I’m still nursing my hubby through pneumonia. He’s over the worst but still really tired. The antibiotics have finally reduced his ridiculously high temperature and his breathing is better than it was.

The mighty Bean would make a good Viking though, Clare!
I think we should make him King of the North anyway, coming from Sheffield.

Love history here! I did a family tree on my husband’s side and went back to 1492, Suze! I was so annoyed as I wanted to go back just one more generation into the reign of Richard III as I love the Plantagenet era and so wanted to say I traced an ancestor who lived through the Wars of the Roses. Just 7 years earlier!
Hope you continue to find lots of interesting things out. I uncovered the will of the last ascendant and the burial records and yet some of the more modern details were harder to source!

Gordon, I really hope things are moving now and you’ll be able to get that gallbladder out in the near future!
I’m sure the offer is still there from us all should you decide to let us whip it out for you.
Oh no sorry to hear your hubby has been so poorly, that’s not good, glad to hear he’s a little better.

I love history too, the Plantagenets are very interesting, I nearly bought a book about them last week, but had to question whether I would be able to stick with it ! I have gone back to 1510 in one tree and a very interesting character, who might be a descendant of Sir Bernard Brocos, he is buried in Westminster Abbey, but it needs quite a bit of research I think, and I don’t know where to start. It’s all very time consuming and addictive.

Gordon , it seems the offer still stands, Emma is still happy to whip it out for you