Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Events/Meetings

Old 20-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #11
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
you must try and come next year ! it was really good. I really don't do social gatherings at all but the chit chat was brilliant and the tortoises running round grew such an attraction ! everyone was happy including the tortoises . Let them eat cake !! (there was gin but the tortoises didn't notice -D )
Must say that I didn't notice the gin either!! x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #12
Gordon
Adult

I did last night it was mmmmmmmm.

What a great day out it was everyone had a lot of questions for me as they had never seen some of the breeds of tortoises that were there.
Thank you for your help clare and I'm glad you enjoyed chatting with people about my torts.
And I think the icing on the cake was the baby that was hatching on the day as there was a huge amount of people who had never seen it happen before and spent a lot of time watching it in its incubator and asking even more questions.
I have just been out to check on the incubator and he is now out and going to have a soak in a bit so I will post a pick.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #13
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I did last night it was mmmmmmmm.

What a great day out it was everyone had a lot of questions for me as they had never seen some of the breeds of tortoises that were there.
Thank you for your help clare and I'm glad you enjoyed chatting with people about my torts.
And I think the icing on the cake was the baby that was hatching on the day as there was a huge amount of people who had never seen it happen before and spent a lot of time watching it in its incubator and asking even more questions.
I have just been out to check on the incubator and he is now out and going to have a soak in a bit so I will post a pick.
It sounds absolutely great, I'm quite jealous that I wasn't able to be there, it does annoy me that I can't drive, but the hubby has assured me that he is not completely disinterested , and would be interested to see other types of torts, this is news to me, but very welcome. Although to be fare, we did all used to enjoy going to the tortoise sanctuary in Cornwall , near St Austall, when it was open . It was really interesting. So I'm definitely coming next year.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #14
Gordon
Adult

Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
tortydat
Sub Adult

He looks lovely and clearly survived his exciting day yesterday.
Old 21-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

It all sounds amazing!!
Another gorgeous baby, G.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #17
Suze65
Adult

Awww bless 😊

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #18
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

These Group Meetings are such an invaluable source for keepers to get together and share their experiences, problems etc, and to discuss all species of tortoises. Such a shame that our local South London/Kent/Surrey one no longer exists.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #19
tortydat
Sub Adult

I've always loved getting together with fellow tortoise keepers as you can learn so much. Why don't you start up a group in your area or maybe resurrect the old one I'm sure the previous leader would help she doesn't have any tortoises now but has a wealth of knowledge?
Old 22-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #20
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
I've always loved getting together with fellow tortoise keepers as you can learn so much. Why don't you start up a group in your area or maybe resurrect the old one I'm sure the previous leader would help she doesn't have any tortoises now but has a wealth of knowledge?
I think it has been too long now to generate interest again. I was never privy to the contact list of members so from that point of view it would be a non-starter as they were so widely spread.

People and times change - a lot of the group members used to be active on here too, but apparently not any more.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote