Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #11
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Happy New Year - that's one of the worst Christmases ever had (wasn't even out of bed for Christmas day ) glad 2019 here , 120 days to Spring !! ....
Sorry to hear that. I had one of the worse New Years I’ve ever had, spoiled by one family member who insists on being thoroughly unpleasant to everyone, well he’s not being invited next year !

Anyway happy new year to you all.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #12
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
You know I can beat that.
I spent Christmas eve in hospital and managed to get out for Christmas day on the condition I went back so spent two days in hospital I had drips and pipes everywhere
I stupidly did the man thing and tried to work through a lot of pain and discomfort until it got the better of me so called a doctor at 2pm Christmas eve and to my surprise there was one there and called me in.
Once she had poked and prodded me she said she thought it was my gallbladder so straight to administration department at hospital where upon lots of blood tests decided I had an infection in my gallbladder and liver so lots off tubes and antibiotics.
So feeling very sore and constantly sick at the moment and waiting on surgery to remove it.
Trust you Gordon , to out do us all hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I had one of the worse New Years I’ve ever had, spoiled by one family member who insists on being thoroughly unpleasant to everyone, well he’s not being invited next year !

Anyway happy new year to you all.
Happy New Year Suze. Chuck that one in the F it bin and move on. I hope the rest of your year will prove to be much better than the first day. It’s only one day out of 365!

Have to say, that’s families though. We keep ourselves to ourselves. Can’t be doing with extended family nonsense. Had enough of it for years and we are done with it. Blood is not always thicker than water, despite the saying. Family is the people who choose to be in your life for all the right reasons - no demands, no judgments, just love, good advice and support. If they don’t fit that criteria, they’re out. I’m a ruthless cow!
But so much happier for it.

Go and have yourself a wonderful 2019! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 AM   #14
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Happy New Year Suze. Chuck that one in the F it bin and move on. I hope the rest of your year will prove to be much better than the first day. It’s only one day out of 365!

Have to say, that’s families though. We keep ourselves to ourselves. Can’t be doing with extended family nonsense. Had enough of it for years and we are done with it. Blood is not always thicker than water, despite the saying. Family is the people who choose to be in your life for all the right reasons - no demands, no judgments, just love, good advice and support. If they don’t fit that criteria, they’re out. I’m a ruthless cow!
But so much happier for it.

Go and have yourself a wonderful 2019! x
Oh how right you are Emma, I totally agree, and I’ve been saying it for years. Unfortunately it’s taken a while for everyone else to reach there limits. And my my mum is in the river called denial! But things are going to change. And yes I have put it in the f bin. I fact I moved on years ago

Bring on 2019

Old 06-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Oh how right you are Emma, I totally agree, and I’ve been saying it for years. Unfortunately it’s taken a while for everyone else to reach there limits. And my my mum is in the river called denial! But things are going to change. And yes I have put it in the f bin. I fact I moved on years ago

Bring on 2019
Good for you, Suze!
Hope you have a wonderful year ahead! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 06-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

its 2019!!!! Happy times for all... Hope you ok Gordon ! yes ok horrid and anything with bladder in title tops it all ! but then again you didn't fall over smack your jaw against concrete and nearly knock yourself out.....fractured this that and the other .....I won't go on cause I am not a BIG girls blouse !!! (only sometimes).
OMG family ! I would like a completely dysfunctional one please instead of dementia. Try having a mother with dementia 23 hrs a day...with an hour respite...of course she can't help it but how on earth I am soooooo patient I don't know. Onto a NHS course soon - I think cause I make the nurses laugh with examples of how not to do dementia..... its 2019! got to be GOT last series out ?
Old 06-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #17
sandy
Adult

Quote:
its 2019!!!! Happy times for all... Hope you ok Gordon ! yes ok horrid and anything with bladder in title tops it all ! but then again you didn't fall over smack your jaw against concrete and nearly knock yourself out.....fractured this that and the other .....I won't go on cause I am not a BIG girls blouse !!! (only sometimes).
OMG family ! I would like a completely dysfunctional one please instead of dementia. Try having a mother with dementia 23 hrs a day...with an hour respite...of course she can't help it but how on earth I am soooooo patient I don't know. Onto a NHS course soon - I think cause I make the nurses laugh with examples of how not to do dementia..... its 2019! got to be GOT last series out ?
Dementia must be one of the most horrible of illness. And so sad for those who have to cope with it. My mother in law had it, and my sister in law has it. They are fine with it, as they have no idea how they have changed. Its the family and carers who suffer:0(

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #18
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Oh heck, Clare! EDS is a bloody horrid thing!
How are you feeling? Are you mobile?

Dementia is unbearably hard and sad for family. My friend works 1:1 with sufferers and their carers and for sure there’s a lot of grieving done for what has been lost once it takes hold, long before they pass on. It’s a cruel and very sad time for loved ones to watch the deterioration. I know so many people who are dealing with it currently and it’s so testing on the patience and heartbreaking, so you sound like you’re being amazing! On top of what you deal with yourself, you have my highest regard.

Onto a better note, not long until the GOT finale. Who will die? Who will live? I’d say loads of characters will be killed off and there’ll be a sting in the dragon’s tail! Can’t wait!

Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

yes Sandy its almost unbearable as its constant, but so many people seem to have it these days - its the inconsistency that is so bewildering! one minute chucking out door bells thinking they are air fresheners to crying eyes out because it's a sunday.....

Emma - I hope Jon Snow survives !! there will be no one left soon. Maybe one of the dragons will brexit and marry a donkey and live on a swamp with a green ogre ! I have series 7 on DVD so will catch up on that first off. that's it for me for DVD as apparently they are old school now.

Is there any good news please !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Dementia must be one of the most horrible of illness. And so sad for those who have to cope with it. My mother in law had it, and my sister in law has it. They are fine with it, as they have no idea how they have changed. Its the family and carers who suffer:0(
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Oh heck, Clare! EDS is a bloody horrid thing!
How are you feeling? Are you mobile?

Dementia is unbearably hard and sad for family. My friend works 1:1 with sufferers and their carers and for sure there’s a lot of grieving done for what has been lost once it takes hold, long before they pass on. It’s a cruel and very sad time for loved ones to watch the deterioration. I know so many people who are dealing with it currently and it’s so testing on the patience and heartbreaking, so you sound like you’re being amazing! On top of what you deal with yourself, you have my highest regard.

Onto a better note, not long until the GOT finale. Who will die? Who will live? I’d say loads of characters will be killed off and there’ll be a sting in the dragon’s tail! Can’t wait!
Old 07-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #20
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
yes Sandy its almost unbearable as its constant, but so many people seem to have it these days - its the inconsistency that is so bewildering! one minute chucking out door bells thinking they are air fresheners to crying eyes out because it's a sunday.....

Emma - I hope Jon Snow survives !! there will be no one left soon. Maybe one of the dragons will brexit and marry a donkey and live on a swamp with a green ogre ! I have series 7 on DVD so will catch up on that first off. that's it for me for DVD as apparently they are old school now.

Is there any good news please !!
There is always good news the baby leopards are growing well and I have four fertile Indian star eggs it would of been five but had a bit of an accident with one.
Also I'm off to hospital again in the morning.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote